Jamie Wallis MP (Conservative, Bridgend) comes out as trans and says he was raped

An MP has tweeted that he has been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, is a victim of rape and blackmail, and fled the scene of a car crash.

Conservative Jamie Wallis said he is trans, “or to be more accurate, I want to be”.

The Bridgend MP said he was blackmailed in April 2020 by a man who sent pictures to his family, and raped by a man last September.

Mr Wallis was arrested last year on suspicion of driving while unfit following an incident where a car hit a lamppost at Church Road in Llanblethian, Vale of Glamorgan.

“When I crashed my car on the 28th November I fled the scene. I did so because I was terrified,” he wrote.

He said he has post traumatic stress disorder.

“I honestly have no idea what I was doing except I was overcome by an overwhelming sense of fear. I am sorry that it appears I ‘ran away’ but this isn’t how it happened in the moment.”

Church Road in Llanblethian

The incident took place on Church Road in Llanblethian

Kathryn Arnold, who recently moved to the village, said: “After the accident we lost electricity for a couple of hours the following day while the telegraph pole was being repaired and replaced. I also know that some houses’ internet was down for a lot longer too and there’s still been problems with it.”

A message on Mr Wallis’s Facebook page said a planned surgery with constituents on Saturday had to be postponed until the New Year as he had tested positive for Covid.

Well, it went to court, but:

Jamie Wallis, 37, of Cowbridge, admitted to failing to comply with solid white line road markings.

The charge relates to an incident in August last year on the A48 and the case was dealt with via the Single Justice Procedure at Cardiff Magistrates’ Court.

:roll_eyes:

Previously:

The Sugar-Daddy.net business offered people introductions to wealthy individuals, saying:

We can introduce you to your very own sugar daddy and solve your money worries. Whether you’re a boy, girl, straight or gay, there’s a sugar daddy for you.

When approached about his involvement, Wallis said:

"The site appears to have been owned and operated by a company named SD Billing Services Limited.

“For the avoidance of any doubt, I have never had a financial interest, nor been a director of SD Billing services Limited and cannot comment on its operational activities.”

Jamie Wallis is listed at Companies House as a person with significant control of Fields Group Ltd.

Fields Group Ltd is itself listed as the sole shareholder of SD Billing Services between October 2007-October 2010 - within that period Mr Wallis was a shareholder and director of Fields Group.

BuzzFeed News reported that ten companies where Mr Wallis was or is a director were subject to more than 800 complaints to trading standards between January 2008 and February 2017, according to Bridgend council.

The council said the companies had been the subject of 20 enforcement visits.

I wonder what Wallis’ constituents think about his/her “personal” life … :thinking:

Of course, he/she may be a very effective MP for Bridgend … :man_shrugging:

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4766/contributions

Well that’s the point, or should be, as far as his career is concerned.

1 Like

Personal lives should have no bearing on being an MP for a given area. My MP is a confessed homosexual and compared to some others, he is reasonably effective as my representative.

1 Like

Why did your MP need to “confess” his sexuality? Is he a Roman Catholic, too?

What has a persons religious convictions or lack there of got to do with serving as an MP? I vote to elect on performance + policies and nothing else.

Wallis’ tenure as a Tory MP may not last long, anyway:

Last election result
2019 General Election
Bridgend
CON
Conservative Gain
Majority 1,157

Tory MP Jamie Wallis praised by Boris Johnson after coming out as trans

That could be the “kiss of death” in Wallis’ parliamentary career.

1 Like

Seems like a nice boy…
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This was the best candidate that the constituency office could muster? Not referring to his gender status, but his businesses and denial of involvement in them.

Who hasn’t got a skeleton in the cupboard Mel?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

SkeletonS in his case, all of which he’s decided to lie about. One can can but wonder how accurate his current claims of rape and gender fluidity really are.

Wallis has a shedload - since the 2019 election, Wallis has “divested himself” as director of at least seven companies.

1 Like

Just trying to figure out whether I give a sh** and I have come to conclusion I do not. Get a little bored with these people ‘being brave’ enough to come out.

2 Likes

Interesting how wiki states he is the “first openly transgender” when his constituents weren’t aware of that when they voted. As he decided to come out now, one has to wonder why he decided not to before the election.

Why do they have to ‘Come out!’ Surely it’s a personal thing and it shouldn’t matter to anyone else what they get up to in the privacy of their own little world. I believe it’s because, like being gay, they know it’s wrong really, but if the general public accept them it must be okay.

Not sure I agree with you saying being gay is “wrong”, but maybe we can avoid taking the thread down that route and remain more closely on topic?

I wouldn’t need to come out as being heterosexual, so I agree that it’s of nobody else’s business unless as you suggest there’s some kind of guilt involved, which in my mind suggests there’s a degree of not being comfortable in one’s own skin and are looking for public approval to appease one’s own fears. Not convinced that the electorate should be used as an individual’s conscience/therapist and especially not after they’ve elected someone in ignorance of that personal turmoil.

1 Like

Anyone else watching the absolute joke that is the Prime Minister’s Question Time and hearing the leaders of various political parties stating their support for the brave politicians sstatement? :smiley::smiley:

It’s a rather dubious “private” little world:

Would you trust a person who runs an “employment claims company” banned from operating by the the Ministry of Justice because of operational misconduct, who then becomes co-owner of a ‘sugar daddy’ dating website, later arrested (after running away and claiming to have a covid infection) on suspicion of driving while unfit after his car collided with a lamppost only to assert that he “fled the scene” of the car collision due to having a form of post-traumatic stress disorder after allegedly being sexually assaulted (a gay date that “went wrong”) in September of 2021 and was now contemplating becoming “trans”.

They must have a-woke … :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Who’s this then? :smiley::smiley:

Maybe he’s set up a new company promoting “sugar coating”.

1 Like