Jacob Rees-Mogg wrongly claims taking morning after pill is abortion

But - if someone who is already pregnant takes the M/after pill - would it not have the same effect? I don’t (obviously) know much about either of them. They were around when I was young - we relied on good morals and the word ‘No’ !

1 Like

No, because the morning after pill prevents the sperm and egg creating a pregnancy. So there is no abortion. The abortion pill is used after a pregnancy is confirmed. Two totally different things. It’s like saying the contraceptive pill = abortion. The time period in which the morning after pill is taken is too short for a pregnancy to have occurred.

3 Likes

@AnnieS - Thank you - I was not sure how they worked.

1 Like

This is just a case of getting wrapped up in terminology, and creatively interpreting definitions. We should think about things in relation to what they actually are, rather than be influenced by emotive labels that have been attached to them. Besides, in a secular society, such as ours, politicians have no business letting their religious beliefs interfere with their decisions. :018:

Why do you have to twist everything a Tory says into a “lie”, Omah? He didn’t lie at all. He didn’t even “mis-speak” as the saying goes. It was his OPINION (or belief) that taking the morning after pill is the same as an abortion.

1 Like

Patently, either an ill-informed opinion (not likely from the the erudite Mogg) or one intended to disseminate falsehood, i.e. a lie.

William Rees-Mog, educated at Balliol College, Oxford :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

To misquote Albert Einstein Only two things are infinite, the universe and the stupidity of Rees-Mogg., and I’m not sure about the former.

Probably took classics not science .

Jacob Rees-Mogg is the younger son of William Rees-Mogg (1928–2012), editor of The Times newspaper.

Jacob Rees-Mogg read History at Trinity College, Oxford, where he graduated with an upper second-class honours degree in 1991.Reflecting on his time at university, Rees-Mogg regretted not having studied Classics.

Jacob on the right.

1 Like

“every sperm is sacred”?

All the more tragic then that millions of them die in the frenzy to be first to the prize. I think it may be time to pause for reflexion. :thinking: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

And just to think how many of those sacred little things have come to such an undignified end in some young rascals dirty hanky. :pensive:

You know abortion is a hot topic over here especially now. I have no children and don’t plan to start now. I really have no feelings one way or the other, except this.
All the people raising the ruckus over abortion and wanting it to be illegal. I expect to see you at the head of the adoption line for all the unwanted babies born.
I think of it as put your money and your time where your mouth is. IMHO

1 Like

Danny over here there are not many unwanted babies as the mothers chose to keep them .
People who wish to adopt face a long wait unless they take an older less perfect child and not everyone is up to looking after a child with disabilities or difficulties .
A healthy baby is what most childless people would like .
Sometimes it must be better for the child and the mother who may be too young herself to cope with a little child.,I don’t believe in late abortions ( after 12 weeks ) but I believe in the morning after pill it’s better than a ruined life for both mother and child.

He’d like us back to the Bloody Mary days.

1 Like

Make mine a large one then. :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t stand the man, he is stuckup up and looks down his nose on everyone. I would love to see him with a shovel and spade and actually working for a living. A typical upper class pratt of the first water

He loves his Nanny though she been with him 52 years :slight_smile:

As is every egg, but they get jettisoned most months just the same.

Mark Spencer replaces Mr Rees-Mogg as House of Commons leader. Rees-Mogg, a prominent Leave campaigner during the 2016 EU referendum, will be a full member of the cabinet, having previously only attended it. Mr Spencer, who was previously chief whip, will continue to attend.

Brexit opportunities?

I assume that it’s this:

Search for head of the new Brexit Opportunities Unit begins - GOV.UK.

A new Brexit Opportunities Unit has been established to support him in this work. The new Cabinet Office unit will play a crucial role in setting the strategy for the Government’s ambitious approach to regulation, reviewing and reforming existing policy and regulation, and supporting the scrutiny and introduction of new regulation.

Its work will build on progress made since the end of the Transition Period, including regulations to access global talent and forging new trade deals around the world.

Is Rees-Mogg made for such a “dynamic” opportunity … :081: