ITV UK : Harry: The Interview : What time, channel and how to watch?

I fell asleep during the first bit but picked up on the second part his rabid hatred of the press

I’ve just finished watching it, and it’s pretty depressing stuff. Plenty of accusations flying around, but no names mentioned.Tom Bradby the interviewer, was not as critical as he should have been. The interview was crying out for someone like Andrew Neil, to really pin Harry down, on some of the sensational claims. Oh, and not a mention of the Taliban episode about killing 25 fighters.One assumes Bradby had read the book, but failed to mention any of that. I taped it, so I could wizz through the adverts, can’t spare too much of my remaining years on this whingefest! :unamused:

Apologies … :worried:

1 Like

The broadcast interviews airing around the world this evening are part of the Prince Harry’s publicity spree ahead of the publication of his memoir, Spare.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/01/08/prince-harry-itv-60-minutes-interview-live-updates-spare-book/

The first question put to the Prince is: why have you done this?

He responds: “38 years, 38 years of having my story told by so many different people, with intentional spin and distortion felt like a good time to own my story and be able to tell it for myself. I don’t think that if I was still part of the institution that I would have been given this chance to. So, I’m actually really grateful that I’ve had the opportunity to tell my story because it’s my story to tell.”

That’s no answer … the real answer would (probably) be “for the money” or “for revenge” … :roll_eyes:

Tom Bradby explains how in his memoir Spare, Prince Harry recalls seeing his mother in his dreams and saying “Mummy, Mummy, is that you?"

Prince Harry tells the interviewer: “I refer to it as post-traumatic stress injury because I’m not a person with a disorder. I know I’m not.”

He’s kidding himself … PTSI is a biological trauma, PTSD refers to a psychiatric disorder - Harold does not appear to be physically “injured” … :roll_eyes:

Prince Harry is desperate to write a new narrative of his mother’s death, saying that even a driver who had been drinking and was speeding could never have lost control of a car in the Alma tunnel unless they were “completely blinded at the wheel”.

What he has chosen to leave out of that narrative is the infamous Fiat Uno that clipped - or was clipped by - the Mercedes seconds before it crashed.

French investigators never managed to track down the car or its driver, but when a collision between two cars - one of them travelling at speed - in a confined space is added to the equation, a different picture emerges.

Harold is “completely blinded” to any other picture except his own … :man_shrugging:

Prince Harry adds on his call for reconciliation: “Though I would like to have reconciliation, I would like accountability, I’ve managed to make peace over this time with a lot of things that have happened. But that doesn’t mean that I’m just gonna let it go. see a lack of scrutiny to my family towards a lot of the things that have happened in the last year.”

A-ha … Harold will have his revenge … :dagger:

The Duke of Sussex says his brother Prince William and he told his father on the question of Camilla, the Queen Consort: “Please don’t marry her, just be together”.

Prince Harry adds that he is now genuinely at peace with their marriage.

Harold may be lying … more may be revealed … :thinking:

Tom Bradby describes how Harry also accuses Charles in his book of intimacy and communication problems, and not being there for him.

“Your other criticism is that too often your interests are sacrificed to his interests, certainly when it comes to the press,” Mr Bradby said.

Harry agreed and replied: “I have a lot of compassion and … even understanding as to why certain members of my family need to have that relationship with the tabloid press. I do, I understand it. I don’t agree with it, but I do understand it. And there have been decisions that have happened on the other side that have been incredibly hurtful. And they… and it continues. It hasn’t stopped. It’s continuing the whole, the whole way through.”

So, according to Harold, the Royal Family “have that relationship with the tabloid press” which were “incredibly hurtful” … :thinking:

Naturally, Harold’s relationship with multimedia platforms is ‘well-intended, conciliatory and constructive’ … :roll_eyes:

Asked how his brother would react to his airing of private conversations in public, Harry told Tom Bradby on ITV: “He’d probably say all sorts of different things. But you know, for the last however many years, let’s just focus on the last six years, the level of planting and leaking from other members of the family means that in my mind they have written countless books – certainly millions of words have been dedicated to trying to trash my wife and myself to the point of where I had to leave my country. (1)

“The distorted narrative is that we wanted to leave to go and make money.” (2)

(1) The conspiracy theory

(2) The truth

In an interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby on Sunday night, Harry described how he and William used to “fight all the time like a lot of siblings”.

He added: “I can pretty much guarantee today that if I wasn’t doing therapy sessions like I was and being able to process that anger and frustration that I would’ve fought back, one hundred per cent.”

So, all that “anger and frustration” may have been suppressed back then but, for millions of dollars, it surfaces now … :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Prince Harry has denied that he accused his family of racism in the bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview in 2021.

ITV interview Tom Bradby tells him: “In the Oprah interview you accused members of your family of racism …”

“No I didn’t,” the Duke of Sussex responds. “The British press said that… did Meghan ever mention that they’re racist?”

When Mr Bradby attempts to explain that the Duchess of Sussex told Oprah there were comments made about Archie’s skin colour from within the family, Prince Harry says “there was” but that “I wouldn’t [describe that as racist], not having lived within that family”.

Harold’s denial was made all the more ludicrous by his reference to Lady Susan Hussey as an example of “institutional racism” only to switch from that (“Meghan and I love Susan Hussey” and blame “the press” … :roll_eyes:

Questioned on whether he was “looking back too much” with his interview with Tom Bradby and releasing his memoir, the Duke of Sussex said: “We always knew that these two projects, both the Netflix documentary and the book – one being our story and one very much being my story – they were look-back projects. They were necessary, they were essential for historical fact and significance. I don’t want my kids or other people of that age growing up thinking ‘Oh wow, this is what happens’, like no that’s not what happened. This is what happened. (1) Now we can focus on looking forward and I’m excited about that. (2) So no, I’m not stuck in the past and I will never be stuck in the past.”

(1) In the pages of history “The Markle Affair” will have the same significance as Princess Margaret’s dalliance with gangsters and gardners.

(2) Harold may be excited but his titles and his associations are his only pulling power - once those start to disappear then the future may not be so rosy - which of his current “friends” would want to appear in future editions of “Harry’s Wrath” … :question:

Sorry to hear this Swims .

Prince Harry has been in therapy for years, and Harry: The Interview made one thing clear: it hasn’t solved his anger issues.

“I’m in such a good headspace now. The reality is, I’ve never been happier,” he said at the end, but the programme told a different story. Furious, defensive and just plain sad, it was a difficult watch for those of us who had hoped that life in Montecito might bring Harry the peace he claims to crave.

Harry appeared to have turned up for this interview in the belief that Bradby would merely be a conduit for his grievances, a way to deliver them unfiltered to a British television audience.

But Bradby came with a journalist’s agenda and, politely, began to question what he was hearing. With every suggestion he made - that the Royal family will be reeling from the disclosures of their private conversations in Harry’s memoir, that Harry hadn’t so much burned his bridges as “taken a flamethrower to them” - the interview became testier. Harry’s face grew pinker.

He seemed incredulous that someone was challenging his narrative. Bradby ventured that William might view the breakdown in the sibling relationship differently - “I think he would say he found you emotional, defensive, he couldn’t get through to you…” Harry glared at Bradby. “It’s quite a list of assumptions you’re making,” he seethed.

As a psychological study, the interview was grimly fascinating. Nothing is Harry’s fault, and almost everything can be blamed on the press. He mentioned the tabloids more times than I could count, with a relentlessness that bordered on the obsessive.

Some of it made no sense, particularly on the subject of race. Meghan and Harry are fans of Lady Susan Hussey, and think the press accused her of being racist? The press made up the accusations that the Royal family was racist, when the couple were actually making a very different allegation about unconscious bias?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/prince-harry-itv-tv-interview-tom-bradby-spare-memoir-royals-william-kate-meghan-charles-b1051572.html

The Duke of Sussex accused members of his family of “getting into bed with the devil” to rehabilitate their image, and the King of sacrificing Harry’s interests in favour of his own.

He also told ITV’s Tom Bradby that he loved his father Charles and brother the Prince of Wales, but said: “At the moment, I don’t recognise them, as much as they probably don’t recognise me.” and “Nothing of what I’ve done in this book or otherwise has ever been any intention to harm them or hurt them,” he added.

Well, that’s not how it seems to the observer … :roll_eyes:

During the interview, Bradby discusses Harry and Meghan’s relationship with the Princess of Wales.

When asked what he thought it was all about he said: “lots of different reasons but, as I again detail a lot, I had put a lot of hope in the idea that it’d be William and Kate and me and whoever. I thought the four of us would, you know, bring me and William closer together, we could go out and do work together, which I did a lot as the third wheel to them, which was fun at times but also, I guess slightly awkward at times as well. “

“I don’t think they were ever expecting me to get into a relationship with someone like Meghan who had, you know, a very successful career.”

He suggested the “stereotyping” of her as an “American actress” that was “playing out” in the press could have played an influence. “So you know, the fact that I had that in the back of my mind, and some of the things that my brother and sister-in-law – some of the way that they were acting or behaving definitely felt to me as though unfortunately that stereotyping was causing a bit of a barrier to them really sort of, you know, introducing or welcoming her in.”

“ Well, American actress, divorced, biracial, there’s – there’s all different parts to that and what that can mean but if you are, like a lot of my family do, if you are reading the press, the British tabloids at the same time as living the life, then there is a tendency where you could actually end up living in the tabloid bubble rather than the actual reality.”

That’s all a bit vague - I’m inclined that, simply, the Royal Family didn’t like Meg because of her “attitude” … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Stereotypes always have an element of truth…
On the make American woman in love with herself sounds about right .

3 Likes

Thank goodness he was the spare and not the heir and over there

2 Likes

I refused to watch the programme but of course snippets were shown. One that stood out was Harry claiming the ball was in their court (Charles and William’s), and if he was invited to the Coronation, would he go. ‘A lot can happen between now and then.’ Like what, Harry? You family decide to disown you (quite rightly so, IMHO)? They might fight a bit more?

I can’t believe the arrogance of the boy.

1 Like

Pride before a fall? If he is stripped of the Sussex title then what is left for Harold and Meg?

Divorce

Won’t be watching, no TV in the ward. Not bothered though.