It's Wheely Big

Snapshot answer

It’s the Seoul Ring, which will be the world’s largest spokeless Ferris wheel when it opens in South Korea in 2027. The futuristic structure will measure nearly 600 feet across and contain 36 glass capsules, each with room for 25 passengers. The solar-powered wheel’s location – a former dumpsite that has been turned into an eco-park, near the border with North Korea – is meant to symbolise the local authority’s “desire and wishes for a unified Korea”.

Hmm… maybe I’ll think about it.
I haven’t even splashed out for a turn on The London Eye yet!

Short arms deep pockets :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to go on it, but that close to the North Korean border?

I’d be afraid Kim Jong-un would accuse me of spying and start taking pot shots at me!

2 Likes

Off Topic
Two years ago I sold six carved oak chairs on eBay to a buyer living in Seoul … just thought I’d say :wink:

1 Like

He wouldn’t be able to resist it.(At the wheel not you)

1 Like

Bet that took a load of Cardboard to package up. :icon_wink:

3 Likes

I went on the London Eye when I last visited the UK, it was included in the tour package of London (along with a boat trip on the Thames), I paid a couple of extra quid to jump the queue.

It was definitely something worth doing once, I quite enjoyed it.

(I have no idea why this old thread popped up at the bottom of another thread.)

2 Likes

Hmm would I go on that - let me think - no, no, also no and have I mentioned no!!

3 Likes

It looks very slippery to me.

1 Like

It wouldn’t do me … I don’t like heights.

1 Like

As long as it didn’t break down, it’s not so much the heights thing but I’m sure the claustrophobia would kick in rather quickly.

1 Like