It's official: you're all chatterboxes - 1,500 posts in our first 24 hours!

I don’t know about anyone else, but I am struggling to keep up with you all :044: (apologies if I miss any posts or @mentions - though I am keeping an eye on the Forum Help section to help with queries).

Anyway I just wanted to post this to say you are all doing extremely well!! So many of you were worried about the upgrade, yet look, just 24 hours later and you seem to have gotten used to the new platform already, far quicker than many might have thought you would.

Maybe you are just more tech savvy than you realised? :081:

Also well done to all of our inspiring motivators here - such amazing community spirit :orange_heart: I love seeing how you’re all encouraging and helping others get to grips with the change - you all deserve a medal :1st_place_medal: and it just goes to show why OFF/OFC is one of the finest online over 50s communities out there :023:

Let’s hope the server doesn’t buckle under the pressure! :lol:

8 Likes

Well, we couldn’t have done that without you Azz! Thanks for all your hard work over recent weeks!

By the way, I haven’t seen any mention of the signatures we used to have on the old forum, is there any provision for those at all? :grinning:

1 Like

Just goes to show what a jolly splendid job you have done creating this playground @Azz

1 Like

Yes Azz, we’re proud of you … but I spotted the diddy text on the end of your post … what do we do if the server does buckle?

1 Like

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Get a bigger one :lol:

Bruce asked the same thing, I’ll copy my post to him here:

I’ve added those extra profile fields now :003:

2 Likes

@Morticia Look at a blank screen and twiddle our thumbs! :open_mouth: :frowning_face:

The obvious answer is not to worry about anything until and if that happens,
life’s far too short to do that! :grinning:

1 Like

Azz thanks a million for all your hard work. I mentioned you a few times with some suggestions. Please try check my mentions out when you have a chance.

Thanks

:+1:t3:

1 Like

1500 … blimey … who’d have thunk it … :clap:

1 Like

I think we are all absolutely incredible to have transferred over and got conversations flowing again! Huge thanks to Azz, Meg & Mags for their endless patience at our questions too! :clap: :hugs:

1 Like

Cheers Azz.
Surely it’s time for that holiday I’ve suggested for you before?
If anyone deserves a holiday surely you do.
:wink:

1 Like

Thanks Azz, I will have to find out what they are about. :grinning:

1 Like

Wow Azz, 1500 posts already! Pats on the back all round I say! I am actually pretty amazed at how well the majority of members have managed the crossover, but as you say, there has been so much help from everyone on here, not least from you Azz! So thanks a million for everything you’ve done, you’ve worked so damn hard on this, and it’s all for us! Well done, you star!

1 Like

The ultimate intelligence test … 20c. peeps FFW to 21c.

Helping each other out like boy scouts, conferring like on university challenge.

2 Likes

Interesting finding my way round. But Azz you update I follow it seems.

1 Like

Good job, the old site was kind of stuffy but you’ve opened up the room and let alot of light in, this place is fun and bright, and I’ll be spending alot more time here!

2 Likes

I like it too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve been rather absorbed in the new forum, in fact I spent so much time on it this afternoon that my evening meal was two hours’ late so almost became supper!

Given a week or so most of us I reckon, will have become used to the new forum, probably wondering how we managed with the old one! :grinning:

2 Likes

Aye,Me too Baz…I had My lunch at 4 o’clock…dinners just in the oven now,
Kids with toys eh!
:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, I posted earlier to someone that it’s just like being at school again, all these new things to find and explore how they work! We’re all like a lot of big kids at the moment, that will change over time I expect but until then enjoy it! :grinning:

1 Like