It's my time of year

It’s here already. Snow warnings, freeze warnings. AHHH I love this time of year. Already the mountains are getting snow. I’m trying to get my stuff in order here and ready to make a trip to the mountains as soon as I get every thing in town tied up. Look forward to a lot photography when I get there. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

6 Likes

I presume it will be snowing in Washington State too then. I’ll just ping off an e-mail to friends out there and in Oregon too for a weather update👍 It’ll be waiting for them as soon as they rise and fire up their trusty lappy’s.

1 Like

I spend more time outside during the winter rather than the summer. I got all my gear and my vehicle ready. It’s time to start having fun. I’ve got one photography project here in town,
"Hi Danny,
Thank you for sending that link (what a gorgeous portfolio!). Shadia L, Marketing and Communications Director for History Colorado, would be interested in booking you to volunteer to take some architectural photography of the History Colorado Center, Colorado Center for Women’s History, and Grant Humphreys, with free and clear usage of images, in exchange for image credits for all uses. Would you be open to this? If so, I can connect you with Shadia and also have you fill out our volunteer waivers.

Thank you again!

Emily"
Once I get this done I make no more commitments until winter is over. It’s fun time.
Damn gotta get a GOPRO!!

2 Likes

1 Like

That reminds me of my eldest grandson. He had only been talking for about a year and one spring morning while he was visiting us, stood with his hand on his hips and clearly observed as he looked out of the window … its only sodding raining, again!! I had to leave the room or he would have seen my over enthusiastic merriment :+1::grin::innocent:

1 Like

Looking forward to lots and lots of pictures when you get back :smiley:

Enjoy every minute!

2 Likes

I don’t mind looking at pictures of snow.

1 Like

There is something nice/magical about seeing trees, landscapes even gardens blanketed in snow, I would bet world and its mother have all taken a photograph of the Snow.

1 Like

If i never see snow again I will be a happy bunny,

I have seen it twice since the 1970s - once in Brixton when it snowed at Easter (it soon melted) and more recently when my daughter took a Malaysian friend and I to the Snowies for the snow on a day trip, they enjoyed it but I couldn’t get away quick enough.

1 Like

Don’t forget to share your work

:grinning:

1 Like

Danny, you have no idea how jealous I am. I don’t feel envious at all. Just pure unadulterated jealousy is what I feel.
I love the snow, the freezing cold (whilst wearing warm clothes of course), the mountains… the pure clean fresh air. Everything, and the quiet it brings too.
Can’t wait for your photos.
Can you bottle some for me? :icon_biggrin:

1 Like

Forecasters are predicting snow to fall across Wales and Scotland’s west coast at 6am on October 24, according to netweather.tv.

We had some in about 2016…but not a lot.

2 Likes

LOL not sure it would make the trip.

I love most dogs reaction to snow. It’s like “Looky looky someone put down new ground!!!”

1 Like

Bah humbug. I’m sure you can sort that out :joy:

1 Like