It's amazing what you find in tins!

No - love fresh salmon - don’t like it tinned. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Tried that the other day - Morrison’s own - horrid - like eating cardboard. The birds appreciated it though! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hi

I have more or less given up on Morrisons since they were bought by that asset stripping outfit.

Prices up, quality and service down.

1 Like

Many years ago my mum’s boss bought her a gift food hamper. All very nice, but we didn’t eat the tin of prawns and put it in a cupboard.

About a year or so later, feeling peckish and rummaging around, I ate the prawns.

Projectile vomiting soon ensued. But it did have the benefit of clearing up the sore throat that had started to come on.

Was about a decade before I dared to eat a prawn after that.

1 Like

Who have bought them over, Swimmy? Oh wait I googled it…the former chief executive of Tesco. Well that explains a lot doesn’t it! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hmm. I feel some reviews coming on

potato tinned mackerel mash anyone?

Super Quick Mackerel And Potato Mash Recipe - Student Recipes - Student Eats

2 Likes

Just checked with my wife…she said any old cream cheese (like low fat Asda’s own), plus she puts a squeeze of lemon or lime in it.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the same with tinned mackerel. it has to be smoked to be yummy. Another option is smoked salmon cream cheese pate which can be made using a pack of trimmings.

2 Likes

Yep, I have my suspicions that it won’t turn out right, but will have a punt anyway. One never knows!!!

1 Like

They are dry and bland on their own Tabs I agree.
They’re best if you toast them lightly so they puff up, it’s then easy to split them down one side
Then do as the Greek and Turkish do… fill the pitta “pocket” with a little salad and whatever protein you fancy, kebab-style.
My go-tos are grilled halloumi on a citrus salad with mustard and honey dressing
or chopped fish fingers on a green/tomato salad with salad cream, yumski :yum:

2 Likes

Have to admit that I’ve never managed to get them just right. Have tried under grill, in microwave, in toaster, in a dry frying pan, on a bbq, as they are, splashed with water. Never come out nice.

I put mine in the toaster for about 20 seconds at a time.
If they start to actually go brown then they fall apart when you split and fill them

2 Likes

I just can’t split them. Am totally pitta challenged!!

1 Like

@Dextrous63
Bechod!

It’s Welsh for “Bless”
Clear hour throat before you attempt the “ch”!!

1 Like

You forgot my mother came from Penmaenmawr. I can’t speak the lingo, but am partially trained in pronouncing the unpronouncable.

1 Like

I didn’t know they had been bought out, Swimmy, but it does explain a lot!

1 Like

Sounds magic - will give it a try!

1 Like

Thanks Swimmy, that’s good to know :023:

Cheers Dex :023:

Oh yes, I’ve done this with smoked salmon - lush!

1 Like

A little surprised as they say sunflower oil (uncooked) has many benefits, helps reduce cholesterol. But don’t listen to me, do what your nutritionist says.

1 Like