Its Alarming....!

Oh my word I am MORTIFIED!! :open_mouth:

I bought a top this morning, in amongst other things at the supermarket. As I left the shop, the bloomin’ alarm starting blaring! So I waited, with my receipt in hand, for someone to come and arrest help me. Nobody came.

I eventually found someone in the toiletries department, and said “I just went to leave the shop and the alarm went off, can you come with me?”
“Oh that alarm has been going off all morning, never mind it, just go”
Me - “But I bought a top and it might have a tag on it”
Him - “Did you see one? Are you going to empty your shopping to find it? If you paid for it its fine, just go” and he walked off!!

So I left again, the alarm went off again, and I scurried out with my face blushing all manner of red!
And yes, the tag is inside the top…I’m going to have to have to hammer it off or something. Or I could just take it back with my receipt, I suppose. But its not going to be today… :blush:

2 Likes

Nothing new in that… happens all the time in our Sainsbury’s.

You will never get that tag off without damaging your item of clothing either.

2 Likes

I would take it back rather than risk damaging the top trying to get the tag off.
I would also want to speak to a manager regarding their customer relations. Sounds like you found an assistant who just couldn’t be arsed.

3 Likes

Yes I’m taking it back…I won’t complain though because he was clearly rushed off his feet and I didn’t really fancy emptying my shopping all over the place either. So its “couldn’t be arsed-ness” on both sides I guess :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If an alarm goes off when I’m leaving a shop, and I know I’ve done nothing wrong -and I usually haven’t :001:- I just keep walking. It’s their scanner, let them do the chasing about. :102:

Sometimes, when I feel like it, I leave by the in-door at Tesco, because I am a law unto myself.
:man_supervillain:

2 Likes

You just need a strong magnet. You might need to fiddle about in placing it in just the right position.
I have several of those security devices now, not that I’ve been nicking anything. It’s just that the checkout people sometimes ‘forget’ to remove them.

1 Like

Harbal, you are so bad-ass! I could never leave by the in-door. Just like I couldn’t go in by the out-door. Things have to be done properly! :018:

Same in my Sainsbury’s, lack of staff, the amount of time that darn alarm goes off when you buy an item of clothing, my tags were removed, yet the alarm still went off…take it back Pixie as you say, get them to remove the tag…that happened to my son once, he tried to remove the tag…ruined his item of clothing in the process. Good luck.

Well I have a few magnets but not the first idea of how they work on security tags…do they release the tag or something? It seems pretty fixed in, to me :017:

Yes Pauline, I really don’t want to make a mess of it by ripping anything. I’ll take it back tomorrow with the receipt. I wasn’t planning on wearing it until I washed it anyway, its just annoying! :frowning:

2 Likes

On the whole, I think those alarms are there more to deter the law abiding customers like yourself @PixieKnuckles , rather than to actually catch any crooks.

After all, in most cases, who is likely to actually confront a shoplifter? We’ve had this discussion recently on here and concluded that by and large, hardly anyone.

Well, guess what’s available on the open market?

1 Like

Sometimes we have to do things just to show we can. Pixie. I make a point of breaking at least one of somebody’s rules every day. That’s what a bad-ass does. :027:

2 Likes

Well…I suppose retailers need to buy them from somewhere don’t they? :astonished:

1 Like

Yep. But you’d have thought there’d be some semblance of difficulty for the general public to get their hands on one.

1 Like

Another poster I have now made notes about this morning… :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:.

I’m keeping that comment in my pocket. Just for legal purposes, you understand :wink:

1 Like

Well done for your variety of to do lists, ticked off…Harbour

Guess it’s only a matter of time before retailers sell tag removal kits specifically designed for their own tags.

True…yes, why would Joe or Jane Public need one? Hmmmm

2 Likes