It’s raining!

It’s pouring down and this is the first time I have seen a real downpour in months !
Just as a hosepipe ban has come into force in some areas .

2 Likes

Get all your buckets out & catch as much as you can, I suspect we will all have to learn that water is precious & hosepipe bans will become a normal thing now the weather is getting warmer! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I have been up putting buckets and a plastic dustbin out to catch the precious stuff .
( I am dog sitting at my sons house and they have no water butts ( I know what to get them for Christmas now )

2 Likes

Oh, how the other half live…:joy:

They will be thrilled I’m sure ……… :laughing:

I was talking about the rain though…we can’t get rid of the stuff :roll_eyes:

Here ( in the south east ) there is a false Autumn , the trees have gone into survival mode and dropping leaves everywhere .The place is like a desert so this will hopefully green everything up .

2 Likes

Pixie are you teasing just because Scotland is now getting more rain & less heat? Anyway you deserve it considering all the freezing winters you have suffered in the past.
If it is still warm here in January I will be coming up to Scotland to enjoy my hot haggis neeps & tatties! :laughing:

1 Like

Poor trees, they must be so confused! I remember last November up here, it was unseasonably warm and a few trees started blooming like it was Spring! A strange sight.

Yes Twink :joy: It rains here about 20 days of every month and I find it difficult to imagine everyone getting excited about it! It can’t be easy down south though, with the droughts and water bans / restrictions. From one extreme to another inside such a tiny space of land (in comparison to most countries)

Will get the haggis prepared and we will all come to you for Burns night! :rofl:

Yesss, it’s wetter than a well diggers bum here…hooray!

Hi

Yes it has been, couldn’t see it but could hear it.

We are very lucky here, while this is the first good rain in months, we don’t have a hosepipe ban. Most people though seem to be being sensible so everyone’s garden looks dead or is just about surviving rather than thriving. In fact as my farrier said we have the only green grass in East Anglia because the horse’s paddock is beside a dyke. Today we have had 2 inches of rain and it arrived over 6 hours which on sandy land will go in and vanish in day or so. In a perfect world we would have 1/8 th of an inch every day at about 12 am but we will be happy with pretty much anything we get on any day at the moment.