It is my week for lovely surprise parcels!

Yesterday - came home from town to find the postie had brought me a little parcel from our very own Mups - these lovely bunnies to use on Easter Cards! Apparently they were sent in early January! They must have walked all the way.

Bunnies

This morning - the postie brought me another parcel - from my friend, Paddy, who has been working in Ireland for a couple of weeks. A beautiful scarf made from 50% cotton and 50% silk.

Scarf

This afternoon - Parcel Force arrived with a whole box full of wonderful things from my lovely Cousin, Dara, in Dublin.

Shamrock for tomorrow -

Shamrock

This lovely embroidered table runner -

runner

6 x Cotton napkins -

napkins

and

box

Shortbread
shortbread

A tin of Chocolate Leprechauns - is it also a money box.

Leprechauns

A Book

book (2)

People are so kind and thoughful - I am feeling quite overwhelmed and more than a little homesick!

12 Likes

How lovely, you have everything you need there for a fantastic St Patrick’s day! xxxx
:shamrock::shamrock::shamrock:

1 Like

Indeed I do! :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

1 Like

Are you cooking anything special? My ex mother in law was from Ireland and I’m very fond of colcannon with a lovely puddle of melted butter!

1 Like

Aww this is quite lovely! Friends are amazing aren’t they? :hugs:

1 Like

That’s really lovely!!

1 Like

What lovely surprises for you Tabby, it sounds like you are a very popular lady.:grinning:

2 Likes

Colcannon with gammon - definitely!

1 Like

I have some lovely friends, Mags, and I cherish them. :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Oh, yum, now I want some! Dare I ask, will there be cabbage?

1 Like

Proper traditional Colcannon is made with savoy cabbage or kale - so Yes! Add a few scallions, and a couple of slices of gammon - Yummy!

I have got to say that I enjoy your photos more than any other’s posted in this forum, can’t explain why but they are always interesting.

1 Like

What a lovely thing to say - Thank you Bruce! :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Ah, it’s great to be Irish! Wonderful friends you have, Tabby!

1 Like

I certainly do - love them to bits - I am very lucky.

1 Like

Wonderful surprises! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

1 Like

Love the cats of Ireland book with his top hat and a glass of Guinness :slight_smile:

1 Like

ST I’ve never been to Ireland and I really hope I get the chance . I may look at the coach holidays . I love the Irish accent too . Which part of Ireland are you from ?

What a lot of lovely surprises all in one week - what lovely, thoughtful friends you have @SilverTabby :hugs:

Happy St Patrick’s Day! :shamrock:

1 Like

What wonderful gifts! I love that shortbread tin and the beautiful table runner.

Happy St Patrick’s day to you and to all of us with Irish blood running through our veins :shamrock:

1 Like