It is going to be Very Wet

It has been raining most of the night (kept waking me up) Macquarie Pass and the new North/South link are closed already (8am) it’s high tide at 9am so the shores of Lake Illawarra are under flood watch. All the creeks are at near flood level.

Three of the local schools are shut because they are next to creeks prone to flooding

Thank you @muddy :wink:

Hopefully it will move further south after tomorrow but high tide tomorrow morning is a worry.

BTW as long as my roof doesn’t blow off or leak I am not in a flood prone area.

Sounds a bit ominous.

Just checked my rain gauge, it was overflowing so have had at least 65mm in the last 24 hours.

I mentioned the high tides, it is funny how these weather events seem to occur at times of exceptionally high tides, don’t know if it is co-incidence or whether the moon is something which affects these weather events.

The ground is absolutely saturated after eight days of rain so any falls merely run off into the rivers and creeks. Unsurprisingly all the dams are full and water will be released from Warragamba Dam which will add to any flooding in Sydney.

Trains to Sydney are being replaced by buses because the track is flooded at Coalcliff.

Mind you I’d rather be here than in Ukraine.

Looks like the terrible weather we have had here has moved down to you . We had a dry day today but possible storms to night .
Spoke too soon it’s just started to rain again .

Glad you’re safe and not flooded @Bruce ,my cousin is in Brisbane where they have floods too but luckily he isn’t in a flood prone area either. Hope your weather improves soon for you all…