It is all Sweetie Pie's fault!

SP recommended a book - “The Five” by Hallie Rubenhold. I ordered it from Amazon - it arrived yesterday while I was out. A neighbour brought it round last night.

While I was drinking my my bedtime hot chocolate - around midnight - I thought I would just have a quick look at the book. At 3:30am I finished it and finally made it to bed. It is a compulsive read.

I read a lot of Dickens when I was growing up - and his descriptions of living conditions were more than a little grim at times - but - always at the back of my mind was the comforting thought that these were novels - works of fiction - bound to be exaggerated.

This book is fact. An insightful social history and totally harrowing in parts - but I could not put it down! It tells the back stories of ‘The Five’ - the women butchered by Jack the Ripper. The author has certainly done her research well.

So if I am walking through my chores like a zombie, not making any sense at all in my posts … it is all Sweetie Pie’s fault!

1 Like

Have a snooze Tabs and remember…don’t have nightmares.

Yes ST, its definitely her fault.

It always is for one reason or another. :lol:

True! :-p

Hold on, I have been packing and sorting things today, ready to fly to Gibraltar tomorrow. Then I spot this:mrgreen:

I have not read it yet Tabby, but you have prepared me for the addiction:mrgreen:

Did I ever tell you that I used to act? I was Nella Jones the psychic that helped catch the Yorkshire Ripper.
Sorry, it was only shown in Japan and my voice was dubbed.
Not a lot of people know that.
I still have my script if you want me to prove it.:slight_smile:

I hope you’re going to Gibraltar to tell the Spanish to do one. :slight_smile:

Shhh, this is Tabby’s thread Judd.:slight_smile:

She might be going as Agent Provocateur for the (Mod deleted you can’t call the Spanish Degoes) Spanish.:twisted: