Issuing permits

Hearing of such things happening is not the same as…

Oooops… Sorry, I now see that you live in North America, say no more…

3 Likes

Well it certainly has livened up the forum somewhat as I said in my second post on this thread. Australia and North America joining in. Any other member from other countries comments welcomed so it can get really exciting?

LOL- You must have some pretty comfy blinders on !!! :rofl:

1 Like

Identity theft in Australia

https://www.aic.gov.au/publications/sb/sb37

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about-us/our-portfolios/criminal-justice/cybercrime-identity-security/identity-crime

Some informative reading regarding identity theft in Australia from, what appears to be, reliable sources, in case you are interested.

1 Like

I’m not.

I’m really interested in the issue of ‘fishing-parking’ permits and their legality, which formed the basis for the OP … :fishing_pole_and_fish: :blue_car:

The subject is “Issuing Permits” and the tag is “for-any-reason” why do you want to limit it to fishing-parking?

I used to have a gun licence, a permit to operate steam engines both reciprocating and turbine, a permit for all types of pressure vessels (firetube and watertube), a tradesman’s certificate for Telecommunications as well as a licence for cars, trucks and semi- trailers.

Why the urge to limit the conversation?

Fair enough but you can’t honestly say it doesn’t happen in your country.

Anyway, I don’t mind paying a fee for a service I use and appreciate which includes fishing. In my opinion, the pros outweigh the cons. There’s plenty of great fishing here. Parking? No need to buy a permit where I live thus far but if I need to, I will.

1 Like

I never said that I wanted to “limit it”.

The OP was specific but as yet has not answered my query:

Ironically I just gave you a list of things for which a permit is required

The OPs term which you quoted “for things like fishing-parking and many more.” is hardly specific.

NOTE: I asked the thread-starter for clarification on the extent of the alleged “trend” but failed to receive a reply.

What you decide to read into the non-specific phrase “and many more” is, of course, your own business but of no interest to me.

So basically you are agreeing with me? Wow, that’s a turn up for the books.

No, I’m not … your interpretation differs from my intent, which brings us back to the OP - what did the thread-starter mean by and many more? Did he mean anything at all or was he just being vague because he has no other examples but wanted to sound knowledgeable?

Wow one of my best windup posts so far, I never thought it would be taken so serious. I wonder if my other windup posts this year will score so well . GOT YA

Permits are an interesting issue, so don’t get too smug.

In the same way that you don’t understand discrimination law your grasp of what constitutes a wind up post is tenuous at best.

North America is too vague. While one user may have issues in one territory, another may not in another state.

In the United States, licensing is done at the state level, not the federal level

Any how, I’ve had no issues with this. I don’t think it is discrimination but I can see how it can be considered discrimination

Is the TL system on here discriminatory? I might have to seek legal advice!

2 Likes

What is Permittable?