Is Your Hair Better Now, Than It Was Years Ago?

My hair is better now than it was years ago. It’s thicker, healthier and grows faster.
My nails are stronger too.

I wonder why this is? You’d think it would be the reverse.

Is your hair better now at this later age or, worse than it was when you were younger?

1 Like

I have thick hair, and its always been in fairly good condition - even when faffing around with medication. I keep it short, so that helps. My nails…well…they seem to have got weaker and break easily. I have always had them short, but when they break its right down the sides and super sore for a few days.

I think my hair is softer and more shiny now maybe because the hair product I use these days is more gentle and doesn’t strip out the natural oils.

No my hair is less full now I have always had fine hair but plenty of it . After three children it got less but it is shiny and grows quickly and amazingly is not grey Both my parents were in their eighties before they went grey . I use John Frieda volumising shampoo it’s lovely ,

Mine is mostly silver but still lustrous…:slight_smile:
My son, on the other hand, is losing his…:cool:

My hair was good until the dog stole it and buried it in the garden.It’s not the same now.

1 Like

:):):slight_smile:

What hair?..:cry:

Sorry to talk about sensitive things when men are present but l think… having no blood losses helps improve the condition of your hair. :blush::blush:

I have lots of hair , much the same as when I was young ,except for the colour .
The women on my father’s side all went grey when they were pretty young whereas only now have I gone completely silver . I had very dark hair .
One thing I will never do is wear it short and permed .
I remember one hairdresser rightly calling it a cauliflower perm . Have you noticed how some women seem to adopt it as they get older?
My man knows just how to cut it and at what length to leave it .I like to feel my hair in my neck and at least collar length .

No. My hair was thicker, shinier and much healthier when I was younger.

I’m not bald. I just have a number one because it’s all 'round easy and more comfortable when it’s hot. Which as you would know it is here often. :slight_smile:

With Keezoy on this one, Honest Hair is the way forward.

Hi

I have much less hair since becoming ill last Summer, I have also gone grey.

Hair ? Hmm. It no longer grows out, but rather inward. Pate is bald and shiny. It is now quite fluffy in my eyebrows and growing out my ears.

Is Your Hair Better Now, Than It Was Years Ago?

Not if the drain in our shower is anything to go by, it’s not.

:lol::lol:

I’m having to clean it out every 2 or 3 weeks now to get rid of all the hair that falls out of my head every time I wash it under the shower.

Art - are you on HRT?
That could account for your hair being in such good condition.

I used to have lovely thick wavy hair but time has taken it’s toll. It’s still ok but not what I’d call good.

Carol - have you had a go at putting a colour in it yet at all?

I have had long, dark hair all my life. I was born with a full head of hair. It is fine but I always had plenty so it looked really thick. I had so much that if I put it up in a clip it was a job to close the clip.

about 18 months ago I was losing handfuls in my brush every morning. Then covid came, my elderly Mum was really poorly in her care home, visiting was restricted and I was very stressed. My hair was getting really thin. The doctor sent me for blood tests and it came back that I was slightly low in zinc. She suggested I read up on zinc rich foods and took zinc supplements which I did. That must be a good 6 months ago now and I can’t see much difference. I am getting scared to brush my hair! My Mum passed away at Christmas and there is ongoing stress with a family member. My cousin is a hairdresser and she recommended Niocin by Wella so I am also using that. Fingers crossed.

No - not yet. Haven’t given it much thought lately… :slight_smile: