Is there a company/business that you despise?

AMP Insurance Company. The Australian Mutual Provident Society.
They have been ripping people off for 170 years. Totally despicable Company.
Very long story shortened.
My Father contributed to AMP Life Insurance for 40 years.
As a reward, AMP made him a life member and told him he never had to contribute any more but would still get the benefit.
He died, AMP refused to pay out stating he was a non contributing member. The case went to court and AMP won.
No payout.

All of them.Making profit is their raison d’être, not providing a service.

1 Like

@Bretrick It’s Barclays Bank that riled me🤬
Every time I went into my local branch to carry out some business, some jumped up counter clerk would always try to entice me into internet banking. One such day I just snapped and walked out, crossed the road and then walked into Nationwide (Previously Coop Permeant BS) and they were SO helpful I decided to switch everything over from Barclays … that was one premier account holder they lost within the hour. Since I have been with Nationwide, everything with my accounts has run smoothly and not once has anyone tried to talk me into internet or telephone banking :+1:

That is the best way to stick it up them.
I done the same with my bank.
Interest rates were rising but the bank was not passing it on to their saving customers.
They were non apologetic so I went to them and told them I am closing my account and transferring the whole amount to another bank that valued it’s customers.

1 Like

Councils.

2 Likes

Hi

Anyone who pays Boris.

1 Like

Gambling, dead seedy!
Only works in Bond films.

1 Like

Vision express opticians , I’m in mediation with them with the OCCS because of bad service and lack of duty of care to me . I complained to head office , I received a weak apology letter and decided to take it further . Basically treated with blatant disrespect by their resident optometrist who’s a jumped up 30 something kid who dismissed me as a silly old woman . He’s now got to answer questions through this governing body and needs a good telling off for thinking he is better than me and being so dismissive and incompetent

1 Like

Disrespectful need to be put in their place.
When I went to purchase some bifocal safety glasses a young 25/30 year old male was dealing with me. He continually tried to get me to upgrade, which was $50 extra. I told him numerous times the pair I want is all that is required. When I went for a second fitting, he had upgraded the pair to what I had said no to.
I managed to convince the new person that is not what I had ordered. He was not in the store when I was there and lucky for him.
Maybe they get a commission on the final cost?

Amazon…Because of them and all the other internet sellers they closed all of the High street shops. What can I do now when I want to examine stuff in my hand before I buy, and I can’t pay cash…

2 Likes

And they treat their employees badly and they don’t pay their taxes.

2 Likes

For me it’s the business of car (and bike) racing and F1 in particular.

1 Like

Why is that Dachs? I quite like F1 even though there are too many rules and regs.
I must admit the time when they were all giving it the knee was tiresome and inappropriate, but they seemed to have reigned Hamilton in a bit these days.

Dyson, because of his support for Brexit and his hypocrisy and the harm he and his fellow Brexiters did our country. I’ll never buy another Dyson product :rage:

HECK sausages, because of the time they let Johnson make a propaganda visit there and make his own string of sausages. Haven’t bought any of their products since, it really turned my stomach :nauseated_face:

Because those races are an anachronism, totally superfluous, a boring thing to watch, and harmful to the environment.

So you would deny all those who do follow F1 the right to enjoy the sport?
And twenty racing cars belting around 60 or 70 laps of a track every two weeks would not even make a noticeable blip on the environment in comparison to the billions of polluting ships, planes, lorries and private vehicles in the world at this moment. How much of a dent in the environment do you think that taking all the petrol and diesel engined cars off the road and having to retool factories and produce vehicles as fast as possible to fill the gulf left behind…?

YES!

But as it’s still an ongoing complaint and only today I received confirmation that I’ll have completion in a fortnight. I can’t tell. Sorry!

It’s within the Energy field…

“Deny the right”? Far from it. I don’t deny anybody anything. I speak for myself and deliberately put the environmental aspect last but thought it could be mentioned, too. It’s mainly for the first three reasons plus the fact that I can’t really regard it as a sport despite the physical strain on the body. I consider running more of a sport. :wink:

1 Like

Well I would have to agree with you there Dachs… :+1:
But when we get too old or ill to do the things we love, we spend more time on the sofa watching any sport that the TV companies want to show us…As long as we don’t have to pay for it…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, I bet he is really bothered. He could drop his manufacturing enterprises in favour of his farming business and probably not flinch.
Home - Dyson Farming

2 Likes