Is there a best time of day to read

I recently posted the Thread ‘Easy Walks’ on the Exercise & fitness section
It is about RICHARD VOBES, who goes on short, easy walks, chatting & commenting

He also does longer talks from his house
In one of these talks (sorry. I didn’t take the reference) he comments that you should only read in the evenings as daytime is too valuable for doing other things

Hmmmm… I go along with that in principle, though I do read in the daytime, sometimes, as well.

1 Like

It’s not that daytime is too valuable to read, but we need daylight hours for seeing to do other things in a natural light. I rarely read in the daytime as I am busy tending to chores and the like. Relaxing in the evening when all else is done, and I can absorb what I am reading and enjoy the book more.

Do you agree?

Do you agree?

Ordinarily I too most enjoying reading in the evening. However during lockdown I find reading in the afternoon preferable to watching the drivel that TV offers.

I mostly read when the mood is on me!

A friend gave me a couple of books for my birthday - made a cup of tea - thought I would just read read the blurb on the back of one and have a look at the prologue - three hours later I finished it. It was just so good I could not put it down!

The only place I cannot read at all - is in bed. Never have been able to do that.

Who is this person to tell me I shouldn’t read in the daytime? Try telling that to me, or my sister. We read all the time, whenever we can.

I read a newspaper while having breakfast and a book in bed. I cannot read anything during the day unless it’s on my computer screen :lol:

:023:

That’s my philosophy too, Zuludog. I am not much on television, and find I get a much better movie playing my head as I read than what Hollywood is producing.

It’s a little tougher to concentrate on the more scientific reading I have late at night, but better that than waste sunlight when I could be outdoors.

I don’t like being dictated to either, I’ll read books whenever I want to, mostly during the day.

Reading is my life, whatever the season, day, weather. Both sister and I lament the fact libraries are closed for now. We are depending on books we have purchased, Kindle and our library apps. I also have my online newspapers. Love it.

I buy books from Tesco & Amazon, the later, older books only available from second hand dealers. I read a lot.

I read all the time anytime.