Is the human race the athlete's foot of the universe?

Well AZZ suggested that humanity was like a cancer on this planet?
I can understand why!!
But l think we are more like athlete’s foot in that we have become entirely parasitic on our enviroment ??
We take out but don’t replace or nurture the thing we entirely depend on??Thinking about this now,
I think AZZ’s description is more appropriate?
What do you think??

Donkeyman! :-1::thinking::-1:

2 Likes

Cancer is the better description - some can be cured others not - so we are sorta in a balancing act - if we take the right steps the cancer can be cured if not then bye bye humanity and lets just let the wold go on its merry way!

1 Like

Yes I believe we are too

1 Like

@gumbud l agree, Always assuming things have not been left too late ??
Imo we may have allready done this, and are now just" riding the wave" as they say in Ozzie ??
Keep cool man !!
Donkeyman! :-1::thinking::-1:

1 Like

Let’s take it a step further. If evolution hadn’t taken us away from our primate beginnings I wonder how the world would look now without any human impact. Would another life form have evolved to be dominant.

1 Like

Absolutely. That’s why I can’t comprehend the suggestion of superior humans. It’s like an oxymoron statement; in my opinion , of course.

1 Like

@Bratti Maybe it’s a case of, " with intelligence comes ego" Bratti ??
The end is nigh !!

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Piggy backing an Ape was logical.

1 Like

Do not start on Egos, got to be about in the Mornin

1 Like

Cancer, parasitic, both applicable IMHO. And we will be the authors of our own dowfall.

1 Like

Not sure we have finished evolving yet Tessa? Given time of course !!
Praps we would evolve into summat nice ?

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

What will happen to the Crud?

1 Like

well you could say that God put us here and so he/she should and will fix it or it was just his/her experiment and when they go wrong they wrap em up?

1 Like

And with ego comes arrogance

1 Like

I once read an author who said “falling in love is the collapsing of ego boundaries” i rather liked that one!

1 Like

The human race has three main faults that could ultimately cause its untimely destruction. The seemingly unstoppable need to procreate beyond sensible limits. The ability to wantonly destroy what could be the only place in the universe we can survive , and to top it all the dogged belief that putting our hands together and looking upwards and talking to yourself will save us thereby negating the need to be overly concerned. :roll_eyes:

@Bratti , That seems to be a given Bratti ?
However as things become more uncomfortable for the fortunate few then some sort of action
will take place !
I think we are beginning to see this now, but l bel!I’ve it is allready too late and we will be riding the wave
for the next 100 or so years before succumbing??:worried::worried:

Donkeyman! :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Sadly, I completely agree with you @Donkeyman