Is Sacking Boris Johnson Bad for Labour?

They will do all of that, the problem is that the country has been run by Carrie Antoinette for the past 2 years and her green agenda.

1 Like

Ah, well, people always do seem to blame the nearest woman when things go pear shaped!
:pear:

I bet you they do none of it

1 Like

Bring back labour I say, how I long for 17% interest rates now I’m retired, thats a dream I know, new labour same as the tories imo.

1 Like

It’s true though :023:

1 Like

There is a good reason we have only had one labour government in the past 50 years or so.

Very true. During my adult lifetime, I don’t remember a time when a Labour government ran this country for our own advantage. They always seem to have created inconvenience and even damage for everyone… except for themselves of course.

2 Likes

@JBR You are obviously too young to remember Clement Atlee
then JB !
They took over a country bankrupted by two world wars , but still
managed to initiate the forming of a comprehensive NHS !
And supported businesses that encouraged giving shool-leavers
5yr apprenticeships with part time schooling included !! Thus
creating a pool of skilled labour for the economy!
Since the Tories came to power it’s all been downhill as far as
Joe soap is concerned !!
Donkeyman! :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

You are perfectly correct, OLD MAN!

Clement Atlee lost his job the year before I was born. In fact, the first PM whose name I was aware of was Harold Macmillan, who was PM when I was aged 5 to 11. Even then, I don’t really remember much about him, not being in the slightest bit interested in politics at that age.

Heath, Wilson, Callaghan and of course Thatcher I remember more clearly, especially the latter who was the best PM ever in my opinion. None of the subsequent ones come anywhere close and, sadly, I can’t see anyone else in the offing who would be anything like as good as she was.

Ah Maggie, disliked her politics during her duration, but, in the end turned up trumps, what a strange place.

What we need is not another Churchill but another Thatcher.

Incidentally the only party to cut the NHS budget was labour and the party that privatised it was also Labour.

Just for fun :lol:

1 Like

Tearing up Art 16 wouldn’t help at all, Bread. What we need is the N Ireland Protocol tearing up and Art. 16 implementing.

Agreed. It was that Bliar creature and his Scottish mate that did it.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I meant, thanks for the correction Percy :023:

Another Thatcher could not function now, all the Human Resources have been consumed.

Sacking Boris the Barmy is a lovely thought - but who would replace him?

There is not a leader among them. These days MPs are all the same - the moment they are elected they forget why they are there. Time was they represented the ‘people’ - now all they want are extortionate salaries and unlimited expenses for doing as little as possible. The last time the House of Commons had a full attendance was when MPs pay was being debated!

Exactly right !

I think the tories realised their predicament when Wakefield crossed the floor and it ended up uniting them rather than dividing them. It made them realise even with an 80 seat majority they could lose an election if they aren’t careful.

Johnson needs to stop listening to his wife, hopefully the penny has dropped now.

2 Likes

I agree. Our MP, Mary Robinson, could not be there at all from what I’ve seen. I have never seen her stand up and speak, and I’m sure she’s one of those who is only there for the money.

1 Like

Definitely. Liberal-Green politics don’t sit well with Conservative voters.

1 Like

Net zero is a stupid idea anyway.

1 Like

Net zero is a VERY EXPENSIVE stupid idea.

2 Likes

Net Zero can never be achieved, except in the minds of Boris’s fancy piece and her fellow nut cases. In the meantime, we all have to suffer to keep them happy.

We desperately need a leadership which can see beyond their ramblings. Sadly, I can see nothing on the horizon.

2 Likes