Is it Time to Worry?

Lessons from SA, back to school and winter resulted in a surge of infections. 3rd wave.

Thing is, SA winters are not as cold as it is up North so, can you imagine when winter arrives in full force!!!

I foresee another dismal Christmas :christmas_tree:

My favourite time of year :mrs_claus:

1 Like

There was me naively thinking that after being double jabbed life would get back to normal.
Now Iā€™m not so sure.

My choir is starting up rehearsals again later on this month, but the Committee say they canā€™t make testing and double jabs compulsory (though why the hell not I really donā€™t understand).
There are Uni students and working folk and retirees, so a broad-spectrum of bods plus itā€™s indoors of course.
Weā€™re told the ventilation system is excellent but there are too many unknowns for my liking.
Iā€™m not so much concerned for myself but I live with 2 vulnerables so need to be cautious.
And the idea of singing with a mask on is just ludicrous to my mind!

1 Like

Thanks Morty! I understand that there have been at least 15 cases of it in the UK & they seem worried!

This was observed in Israel who have a very highly vaccinated population and they are talking about a booster injection being necessary at 6 months after the second injectionā€¦

1 Like

i think this is going to be around for some time in various variants. You cant let this rule your lives just have to take the various precautions and act sensibly, masks, distancing, large groups. I think that to
many people have gone back to normal after the easing of restrictions and having the jabs.

Iā€™m 99.99% sure that a rollout for boosters and flu jabs is already being planned - probably starting late September/early October.

True, but so far theyā€™ve only mentioned it being available to ā€˜the most vulnerable groupsā€™. It really should be available to everyone, donā€™t you think? Because why double jab everyone under, say, 70 and then just abandon them? Surely that would make the whole initial rollout to these age groups completely pointless.

1 Like

When the vaccine programme started, frontline workers and the vulnerable were prioritised, followed by the elderlyā€¦and so on. I expect the same procedure will be followed but will also introduce vaccination for children 12 - 16. It is now urgent that those who were vaccinated first, get their boosters first as the efficacy of the vaccination diminishes.

Just been reading ā€¦

Google employs 4500 UK staff, were supposed to go back to the office 18 Oct 21. Thatā€™s now been put back till 10 Jan 22. This mirrors what Apple & Facebook are doing stateside.

Looks like back to normal, not until next year.

1 Like

Hi

Working from home has so many benefits, the more the better.

1 Like

Indeed it does seem pointless ā€¦ :+1:

The infrastructure for nationwide vaccination is now well-stablished and, AFAIK, there are 400,000,000 doses on order so why not use them ā€¦ :man_shrugging:

People over the age of 12 with severely weakened immune systems should have a third vaccine dose to top up protection against Covid-19, experts say. About 400,000 to 500,000 in the UK are eligible and will be contacted soon. They include those with blood cancer, advanced HIV and recent organ or stem-cell transplants.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) said a separate booster programme for other age groups was still being considered.

Whether all 12- to 15-year-olds will be offered a vaccine is yet to be decided.

The advice means the most vulnerable - less than 1% of the population - will be offered a third dose, rather than all those on the original list of clinically extremely vulnerable people.

3 Likes

In the US, starting Sept. 20, people will be eligible to get a booster 8 months after their second shot. Since those people are those who are health care workers or the vulnerable, theyā€™ll go first. Itā€™s still pending approval from the FDA but Iā€™ve heard of people already getting their 3rd shot without a problem from anyone.

1 Like

Oh Joyā€¦ :sneezing_face: :cry: :eyes:

Is a booster really necessary for perfectly fit and healthy folk who have already been double jabbed?
Clinically vulnerable yes, but everyone?
I question this.
Excellent article arguing against it in todayā€™s paper by Prof of Epidemiology at Oxford, I can copy and paste if anyone is interested.

Is insurance really necessary when you look at your claim history, still, most folks process the annual renewal. :biking_man:

Hi

Ruthio, in a word yes.

I was in CCU les than a fortnight ago, there were two in one bay, both double jabbed and not that old, in with covid.

One of the nurses who had looked after me before and who was double jabbed and fit, her hobbit was fell walking was off work with covid.

Some of the new variants are very infectious and whist they rarely put uou in hospital if you have had two jabs, sometimes they do.

1 Like

The PM, Scotty from Marketing, has warned the over 60s waiting for a Pfizer vaccination that they might die waiting and to get AstraZeneca now.

Meanwhile 4 million doses coming from the UK

A 30 year old mother died at home yesterday a day after receiving a positive test for Covid.

2 Likes

Damn, do I have to consider changing my mind again?!

1 Like

Although Iā€™m not particularly frightened, as I tend to keep myself to myself and Marge is also very careful (neither of us go out to discos every evening), if they should offer a booster I shall be glad to take up their offer.
The first two vaccines did me no harm, no side effects, so I donā€™t think Iā€™d be worried.

1 Like

Yes, and the days for worry are short, according to the Hype. :biking_man: