Is it Time to Worry?

Coronavirus: Waning immunity and rising cases - time to worry?

2 Likes

Oh dear, doesnā€™t look good does it Rox,:open_mouth::open_mouth:

2 Likes

Going up rapidly here too & we were one of the lowest for months. I blame the schools & the holiday makers, Everyone here Iā€™ve heard of whoā€™s had it are youngsters.

4 Likes

The big unknown - and the thing causing government scientists most concern - is what will happen in the autumn.

Currently, there are 30,000 new reported cases a day (1,000,000 a month) plus 100 deaths (3,000 a month) and 1,000 hospitalisations (30,000 a month).

The numbers have been static for a while so the next few weeks will be indicative.

2 Likes

My beautician was in contact with someone who had it, so obviously she couldnā€™t visit meā€¦I donā€™t go out much , when I do I smother my hands in that antiseptic stuffā€¦you canā€™t be to careful imo.

2 Likes

Omar, The thought of what could happen this Winter scares me, really scares me. :eyes: :thinking: :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Pauline Iā€™m the same, I keep a bottle of gel in the car and every time I get out of the car I use it and again when I get back in. When I get home I scrub my hands in hot water. :eyes:

2 Likes

Do you think there will be more deaths when winter arrives?..just speculating obviously.

Yepā€¦keep doing it Rox, it does protect us most definitely ,imo.:+1::+1:

1 Like

In a wordā€¦YES. :cry:

1 Like

I was thinking the sameā€¦absolute nightmare!!..:worried::worried:

1 Like

The only places I go where there are people are Tesco and the pool. I have been assured that itā€™s safe at the pool, as the chlorine kills the virus, I also keep my distance from others and wonā€™t share a jacuzzi. In Tesco I keep well away from others at all times, if somebody is at the bit I want then I wait.
Once a month I had started to meet my 2 girlfriends for our monthly pub lunch and catch up, so far there has been good space between tables and we try to sit outside, but that wonā€™t last much longer as it will be too cold.

1 Like

I wear a mask in all indoor places outside home. All shops still want you to wear a mask & sanitize hands which I do, though some donā€™t I noted.
I think itā€™s breath rather than hands that spread it.

3 Likes

Yes thatā€™s why I wear a mask and take precautions re distancing .
We especially are all of an age that is vulnerable .

3 Likes

Hi

It is time to be sensible.

Boris has relaxed the rules and has then done a runner, no more public briefings even though things are bad and getting worse

We are back up to March levels.

The news is being managed, to hide things from the public.

3 Likes

Yes Governments are good at hiding things from us peasants. :cry:

2 Likes

Is it time to worry?
:man_shrugging:
They reckon that flu is going to cause major problems too.
But regarding Coronavirus there are at least two mutant strains of Covid-19 surfacing which could prove to be very problematic as it stands now, so it depends upon your POV I suppose.
Thereā€™s ā€œMUā€ (AKA B.1.621) first spotted in Columbia but which is apparently in Europe already and C.1.2 in South Africa, but even without these it was always widely-accepted that Covid-19 would mutate and cause problems because thatā€™s what this type of virus typically does.

Because of that it is entirely possible if not even probable that we will have to live with this virus for many years yet and even isolation is no guarantee that you will escape infection, so while I completely understand the worries in the OP Iā€™m afraid there are likely to be many more such worries ahead.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/19550223.new-coronavirus-strain-declared-variant-interest/

1 Like

A person should not have stopped worrying during the past 18 months, go Gut not Hype, this is in the window of a house I have to visit this afternoon. :biking_man:

6 Likes

On the positive side, from the article Roxy posted, the deaths right now are a tenth of what they were at the peak. Thatā€™s largely due to vaccinations. The variants havenā€™t yet fully broken through vaccinations although fully vaccinated people are still getting it and can get sick, the death rate is lower.

Still important to be vigilant.

For people dealing with ā€œcrisis fatigueā€ (and who isnā€™t), hereā€™s an article on some self care tips that might help. Things like keeping to a routine, practicing mindfulness, scheduling self care and leaning on your support system.

Iā€™m more stressed than the first time around, it feels like to me. Iā€™m trying to work with some of these ideas.

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely worrying and the numbers are rising ā€¦ again.

But you have to stop worrying at some point or youā€™ll make yourself ill with worry ā€¦ all you can do is take as many precautions yourself as you feel you need to and keep your fingers crossed.

You have to ā€¦ because how do we know it wonā€™t still be around in 2022 or 2023?
Weā€™re going to have to learn to live with it.
After lockdowns , social distancing, the race for a vaccine, shop closures ā€¦ and furloughs and grants ā€¦ the government has exhausted itā€™s arsenal.

1 Like