Is it right to break the law to bring relief to the ravages of chronic illness

I met a lovely chap who was in a wheelchair , he had parkinsons disease , we chatted a long while . He told me he would smoke canabis and within minutes he could walk and was perfectly in control it helped him . I would defiantly use it if it was me .

Right away or after prolonged use,and no offence to Robert but I’m guessing if its after prolonged use that would be not worth consideration.

Doctors are reluctant to discuss many aspects of its use because of the legalities.

I asked my doctor about it and my mum trying some and he told me to research it…with a knowing smile.

The US has a lot of states legalising medicinal cannabis which can be grown legally by the user or bought over the counter.

The UK are a bit slow on the benefits…

Half my village seems to smoke cannabis , I can smell it at night when I take the dog for a walk and they have the windows open :lol:.

My son who used to smoke it at uni says in general if used in moderation it is a lot less harmful than alcohol and is responsible for some of the technical innovation we see around us which were dreamt up in ‘hazy moments’.

The legal system is overloaded by alcohol fuelled violent crime…I’ve never met an aggressive cannabis user, they just want a hug:mrgreen:

Quite so, although as with any drug each person reacts differently and the problem with cannabis seems to be if a person is predisposed to certain types of mental illness the cannabis can accentuate the problem.

As with all things it is take in moderation and behave responsibly by not driving while under the influence.
I have never taken it myself, I don’t need artificially heightened sensations but I wouldn’t hesitate to take it as a painkiller.

I tried it once when I wss 17… never again.
I think I overdid it…I hsted the fact I knew what I wanted to do but my body refused to listen:shock:

like most things…moderation is the key.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of wacky baccy.
I used to grow it in my back garden in South London years ago.
I always made sure it was mixed with my tomatoes plants.
I never mixed my drugs which is why I never had side effects.

Robert it is legal now in the UK and you don’t need to start smoking it. I am only saying this incase you are a non smoker and you don’t want to start.

https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-oil-parkinsons/

But a word or warning I would ask your consultant or your gp first and see if they have any knowledge on a good source where you can purchase it from. You may well be able to get it through the NHS.

Some of the adverts on the internet maybe dodgy and just after your money.

Do you not have a support group that you can talk to about this and maybe some one on there will be using Hemp Oil and they could tell you where to purchase.
Good luck which ever way you go mate.

There is plenty wrong with it and you are pathetic to boast about growing the stuff. It is a pity you weren’t caught and prosecuted. :twisted:

:lol::lol::lol:
Lady or man whatever you are.

You would have been found floating in the Thames if you lived anywhere near me and were known as a grass pardon the pun.

Enjoy your grumbling life .

Oh shut up Tara, you need a take a course on empathy.

Go and see your Doctor and have a chat about Medical Marijuana. if you can have it for free, why not? This is your best and safest option because it isn’t the same as street pot it’s been refined of many impurities but does the same job.

Failing that, go for it the other route, its your decision and for you to decide, if it can improve your quality of life in any way, how can that be a bad thing?

Good luck … xxx

When l applied to volunteer at a Multiple Sclerosis care centre, l was told l might be asked by some of the patients to light their spliff. They said, cannibas relieved some of the MS symptoms.
Anything, that alleviates pain and suffering should be allowed, whatever it is.

Can you recommend something for a venomous pain in the ×××.:smiley:

Maybe, a concrete slab or a breeze block dropped from a great height?!! :lol:

I’ll say this for you, your straight talking and shoot from the hip without any regard or thought for others or their feelings. it’s almost as if the empathy chip is missing from your circuit board. Tact and diplomacy seem to be in short supply, too.

The problem with your kind of attitude is it’s very uncaring and sometimes cruel.

Take a step back and look at what you’re posting and how it might possibly affect the people reading it, hesitate before hitting the submit reply button and ask yourself do you really want this spiteful post out there.

I note you leave out the sentence ‘in my opinion’ from your posts.

You remind me of the late actor Brian Rix and how he lobbied in the Lords to stop the debate for voluntary euthanasia in this country but when his time came he was begging for it and had a very painful and slow death.

I really think your comment was way out of order for this scenario and maybe should have been kept to yourself.

A very well thought out post…and on the nail.
Unfortunately a total waste of time with this person.

I would rethink this post…very carefully…its libellous.

Your facts are false…leople DONT get sent down for homegrown.

This forum might find itself being tidied up if it encourages illegal activity!

Robert, why not try SATIVEX, I would.

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/03/08/7-things-need-know-sativex/