Is it just me - I'm having a rant

Of course we did Annie, and it has led to the overpopulation of a country that couldn’t keep up with the mass migration of so many foreign workers and their families. We are now paying the price. You don’t need data for what is staring you in the face.
We have the dentists, doctors, engineers, plumbers, etc in the indigenous young people of this country but we chose not to appreciate, value or use them and opt for the easy option of buying in goods, services and workers.

But at the end of the day someone just has to wield that spanner…

That’s because they are rare and the few are doing jobs for the many, they can pick and choose…

Not true at all. The migration is coming from countries outside the EU. Many people from the EU have now left or are planning to leave soon. The numbers of Brits qualifying in these professions have been falling over the decades and gaps being filled with foreigners, inc foreigners who come here to study, qualify and choose to stay. Well that plan is out of the window if they crack down on foreign students. Others retire and this leaves a skills gap. If people don’t want to come here we end up with recruitment problems. Brits aren’t having many children so there will be just a glut of oldies in future decades. Only 28% of dentists have qualified here.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter where the migrants are coming from Annie, they are here and have to be looked after
Migration to the UK has never been higher, and just a ten second search of google produced this example. You can not be serious that migration hasn’t taken it’s toll on the UK, both before Brexit, during Brexit, and after Brexit…Unless people open their eyes to the damage migration is doing to this country, both for it’s services and it’s heritage we are a lost cause. If we are not already.

People came and went before Brexit because the EU is a prosperous area. The people coming from outside the EU now are from less developed nations and are here to stay. It’s not the same as someone from the EU coming here for the summer season, for a year or for a few years and then going back home.

2 Likes

Dress it up any way that you like Annie, but the fact is, there are far too many people here and they came from somewhere else…Add that to the fact the government are just shite, and there’s nothing left of this green and pleasant land that I remember being a part of as a child. I don’t recognise most of it now…

1 Like

Foxy, we are already, trust me.

1 Like

There are to many cars on the roads that’s for sure, a 3 hr journey took me almost 5hrs yesterday :roll_eyes: