Is it just me - I'm having a rant

Isn’t it a right of passage these days? Young folk would be considered a failure if they didn’t obtain the appropriate results to go to university or it’s a life of flipping burgers in Macdonalds.

No it’s not a choice for all .
It’s not right for all and that is what Blair got wrong . He thought it was and it’s true a university degree doe open doors because so many jobs require it .
But it’s not the be all and end all . Not everyone is university material I belive it’s best to do what makes you happen and earns you a living. If you get both in one packet that’s a bonus .

Don’t worry folks, now Richie rich has allowed the bankers cap to be removed. all will be well

I think you only have to repay the student loan when you start to earn over a certain amount. If you never get a job that pays over the threshold you never pay it back.

3 Likes

The Alison Rise women is set to get £10million for being sacked .
The Nat West Bank is something like 38% public owned so that much of her £10 million os public ie taxpayers money .

Do you have any data to support this analysis? My own view is that poor long term planning and under-investment in our services for many years has caused all the problems. The migration from the EU enabled us to have all the skilled and unskilled labour we needed when we needed it. So we had cheap food and cheap products and services. We desperately need care staff, nurses, doctors, dentists, builders, factory workers, engineers etc etc and are having to now court from all over the world inviting people from all four corners of the planet to fill in highly bureaucratic forms to come here when someone could just hop on a bus and be working next day. As a result the culture is now becoming confused by people from pretty much anywhere and everywhere, who perhaps cannot communicate with each other never mind patients because they have only just managed to scrape through a compulsory English exam.

2 Likes

The UK is beautiful, why would anyone want to leave?

The Tories have been in power since 2010 - that is thirteen years ago! - even allowing for the 5 to 7 years training, newly qualified dentists this year would have still been schoolchildren, about 12 years old when the Tories first came to power.
In that 13 years of Tory rule, many Dentists have given up doing NHS work.
I know my dentist tried to continue as an NHS Dentist for as long as he could, until the Tory Govt cut funding and created a payment structure that left dentists out of pocket when carrying out work for the NHS.

3 Likes

I don’t have a thing about young people Muddy, it’s what the establishment is teaching them.
We are producing a nation of very educated young people who can’t wire a plug up…

2 Likes

What is so great about wiring a plug ?
If you dont know how to do it you go onto YouTube .
If we want more doctors and dentists we want educated young people .

We don’t just want doctors and dentists though do we Muddy? We need plumbers, electricians, bricklayers, joiners, mechanics and engineers…Most of whom need to be able to wire a plug up…

1 Like

Where I live the plumbers electricians bricklayers are absolutely rolling in it they come when they like and charge what they like .
Mechanics don’t do much these days they just plug into a diagnostic computer and bobs your uncle .
We have engineers , they are educated it’s not enough to just wield a spanner

Of course we did Annie, and it has led to the overpopulation of a country that couldn’t keep up with the mass migration of so many foreign workers and their families. We are now paying the price. You don’t need data for what is staring you in the face.
We have the dentists, doctors, engineers, plumbers, etc in the indigenous young people of this country but we chose not to appreciate, value or use them and opt for the easy option of buying in goods, services and workers.

But at the end of the day someone just has to wield that spanner…

That’s because they are rare and the few are doing jobs for the many, they can pick and choose…

Not true at all. The migration is coming from countries outside the EU. Many people from the EU have now left or are planning to leave soon. The numbers of Brits qualifying in these professions have been falling over the decades and gaps being filled with foreigners, inc foreigners who come here to study, qualify and choose to stay. Well that plan is out of the window if they crack down on foreign students. Others retire and this leaves a skills gap. If people don’t want to come here we end up with recruitment problems. Brits aren’t having many children so there will be just a glut of oldies in future decades. Only 28% of dentists have qualified here.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter where the migrants are coming from Annie, they are here and have to be looked after
Migration to the UK has never been higher, and just a ten second search of google produced this example. You can not be serious that migration hasn’t taken it’s toll on the UK, both before Brexit, during Brexit, and after Brexit…Unless people open their eyes to the damage migration is doing to this country, both for it’s services and it’s heritage we are a lost cause. If we are not already.

People came and went before Brexit because the EU is a prosperous area. The people coming from outside the EU now are from less developed nations and are here to stay. It’s not the same as someone from the EU coming here for the summer season, for a year or for a few years and then going back home.

2 Likes

Dress it up any way that you like Annie, but the fact is, there are far too many people here and they came from somewhere else…Add that to the fact the government are just shite, and there’s nothing left of this green and pleasant land that I remember being a part of as a child. I don’t recognise most of it now…

1 Like

Foxy, we are already, trust me.

1 Like

There are to many cars on the roads that’s for sure, a 3 hr journey took me almost 5hrs yesterday :roll_eyes: