Is it fine to eat fast food at this age?

Anything in moderation LiamLucas.
I think Subway is pretty healthy tbh.

1 Like

But it stinks in there!!

Nah, in modertion I dont see fast food negatively impacting quality of life.

If carbs are an issue for anyone then get low carb options like a Subway salad bowl or KFC chicken and salad, no chips

But most of us can cope with a carb heavy meal now and then.

I don’t buy fast food or takeaways except when travelling I might buy a ready made sandwich.
Subway is probably better than most as there’s such a good salad selection.

I take it back home to eat,no stink.

Ahhh KFC! Even the initials make me feel I have to change into loose-fitting clothing. I haven’t had KFC since my 20s and skinny as I was then I could still feel it all going to cellulite. Perhaps it’s a healthier version of deep-frying these days, but reports suggest it’s still full of trans fats & salt.

If I have a takeaway type meal it would be a shish kebab with rice, salad, chillies and garlic sauce (but without the pitta bread).

1 Like

The ingredients to beware of that are actually hazardous are palm oil, fructose, fructose syrup,corn syrup . And nitrate/nitrite found in ham, bacon and processed meat proven carcinogenic.
I have to look at about 15 packs of biscuits (cookies) in the supermarket before I can find one without these in.
They are also in savoury food, especially ready meals.

But remember to take specs , the ingredients are often in very tiny writing.

1 Like

Nah!..too much research involved!
A little of what you fancy does you good!!!

1 Like

is that a glass of port?

1 Like

It’s just a glass of cheap Merlot Annie, as much as I love ruby port that’s reserved for special occasions.
So, do you like the glass by the way?
I love the green stem and the tulip style!
The green compliments the red of the wine!
Three for two pounds in a charity shop! :+1:

1 Like

Very wise, the concoction of odours in store is the ultimate appetite suppressant :grin:

If I was in need of ready to eat fast food in front of me, then I would consider it, but eat it slowly so as to avoid indigestion and I wouldn’t be rushed by a table clearing jockey with a cloth and spray bottle … :point_right:sod off and leave me to enjoy my food, ya munter!

1 Like

The glass is beautiful. But I am relieved (on behalf of your good health) that it’s not filled with port!

1 Like

There must be some nutrition in so called ‘fast food’.
Smaller servings are better than enormous portions, so i would indulge but not eat enough for three.

I have discovered something today about fast food shops in my town.
When I read this thread yesterday, I was thinking that there was no fast food chain shops in my little market town.
We have a couple of bakers which also sell a small selection of ready-made sandwiches and warm pastries to take away.
We have a couple of butchers shops, which make their own pork pies and one of them makes lovely quiches and sells them either whole or in halves, quarters or slices from a heated cabinet.
A couple of supermarkets on the edges of town which also sell sandwiches, salads, snacks etc
Apart from the fish & chip shop, I thought that was all we had, as far as “fast food” goes - no fast food chain shops at all.

I got such a surprise today when I went to the hardware shop on the opposite side of town. As I came out of the shop, I looked across what used to be fields to where a new industrial estate has been built a couple of years ago and, for the first time, I noticed the distinctive big yellow M of a McDonalds Burger place. I had no idea that had sprung up!

Then when I was walking home past the petrol station, just around the corner from my house, I noticed there is a SubWay shop right next to the petrol station where I always go to fill up my car with petrol!
Where did that come from?! Why haven’t I noticed it before?!
I walk past that place at least half a dozen times a week!
The entrance to it is actually on the petrol station forecourt, next door to the entrance to the petrol station shop where I go in to pay for my fuel, so I don’t know how I’ve never noticed it before!

I blame this thread for making me notice these fast food joints I didn’t realise had sneaked into my town - I bet I’ll discover next that there is a secret pizza takeaway and a Chinese takeaway shop too! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

My concern would be lack of fibre to aid speed through system, so plenty to drink would need to be available.

It can’t be too fast or I wouldn’t be able to catch it.

1 Like

Once a week we attend a group and we treat ourselves to a McDonalds wrap and latte for our dinner. Makes a pleasant change and they’re rather nice

2 Likes

Keep it coming Kenty, we need to defend against the old farts who resist trying anything new, just because it sounds bad :icon_wink:

1 Like

So, you are doing what I suggested - choosing a takeaway meal that suits your low carb requirements.

I quite like KFC wraps and have them now and then - maybe once every few months. Doing so hasnt caused me any issues.

My point really though was that there are take away options and people, like yo u did, can select something that suits them

1 Like