Irons/Steam Generators - any recommendations?

This isn’t a discussion about ironing…just so you know…:grinning:

My Son is looking to buy an iron generator,I think they are called.

Can anyone here make any recommendations?

At the moment he uses a spray bottle to dampen the creases out in his shirts…then just an ordinary iron.

Hi

I have this

It works

1 Like

I suspect you mean a Negative Ion Generator. Creates negatively charged ion particles which is supposed to be good for you and removes dust from the air.

Google Negative Ion Generator and you will find plenty

I have a similar device which actually produces ozone and uses a usb charger to charge up the lithium cell

If this is about pressing clothes (ironing), then what’s wrong with a normal steam iron, it’s always worked well enough for us… :thinking:

1 Like

I have used those I’m sure in the past, as a cleaner in a private house, I did her ironing as well…the release of steam is exceptionally good, he has many shirts to iron and they must look pristine…thanks very much for the recommendation,:+1::+1:

He was thinking about getting a professional shirt presser from John Lewis, then looked at their prices.:open_mouth:

Is this the non ironing ironing thread?

The Morphy Richards model posted above came out Joint Top Performer in a recent Good Housekeeping Review.

Here’s how the rest of those tested performed

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for posting, Boot!..:+1:

Morphy Richards are now made in china - so not for me.

1 Like

Are they??!! scurries off to google

Hmm, apparently MR are being a bit vague on that subject and have made no official announcement except to say that some of their products are made in China, and they "continue to be proud of their UK base :roll_eyes:

A lot of irons are made in China.
Here’s a list of a few that aren’t

https://www.uksteamirons.co.uk/news/where-are-steam-irons-made

1 Like

A few years ago I bought a Chinese made own brand steam iron from Big W for $17 (I don’t use it but my kids do when they stay). Anyway I can’t fault it, works as advertised.