iPod and port

In my daily attempts to de clutter I have come accross my old iPod and a charging port .
Both of which I hardly used
Should I just bin them Or is there some tech charity that could used them for whatever ?

1 Like

You could flog it…musicmagpie for example, get some money for it and donate to a charity, all very easy to do. Some supermarkets will also allow you to drop off instead of posting

I am always iffy about getting rid of old tech,there are some people out there who can get into them and retrieve personnel info.
I break mine up with a hammer.

I came across my old IPod when having a rummage around, a 80GB one. The battery won’t hold a charge and needs replacing, which means I can’t really use it.

I have found a company which will not only replace batteries, but will fit a high capacity one, remove and replace the hard drive with an SSD one and upgrade the size up to 1TB and it’s possible to fit a bluetooth board inside it.

These days, I have my phone with all my tunes on it and a USB stick for my car, which makes it a little redundant. But I have sometimes wondered if it’s worth getting it refurbished, if for old times sake.

1 Like

Have you got another use for it? Perhaps you could use it for one of your hobbies

I’ve taken everything of mine except the Kindle app

And I use it for storing recipes I take a screen shot if a recipe is online, or a photo if it’s in a magazine

And instead of buying real cookery books, I buy the Kindle version

It’s a very old IPad but it works fine for that

Perhaps if you refurbished yours you could dedicate to one of your hobbies?

It’s not an iPad it’s a iPod .

On the odd occasion we have port, mine is always decanted earlier and served in cut glass when it’s time to ‘pass the port’ :grin:

I am sure the Sally Army would be glad of them for their shop sales :+1: