Internet Service Providers UK owned/based

I need a new ISP - before I strangle someone at Shell! Any advice most welcome!

Hi

I use Sky, very reliable, get it as part of my. Landline, phone calls package.

We use plusnet, no problems so far

Virgin. £34pcm unlimited broadband and phone calls.

My friend and my son has sky, the broadband goes down and my friend phones them and they say, it’s alright at our end and then all of a sudden it’s back. My son had the same issue on a bank holiday weekend, he phones them and there’s nobody to help because of the bank holiday. So he’s changed to EE and he said that they’re better with a faster connection,my friend stayed with sky,We’ve been with virgin media all the time and no problems.

1 Like

TalkTalk …26 quid per month including calls to landlines and mobiles

Vodaphone :+1:

Agghhh I’m with BT they’ve ramped up the cost and I’m stuck in a contract for the next 11 months :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

What you could try is tell them that you’re leaving when the contract finishes and see what they say.

3 Likes

I’ve been with BT a few years and never had a problem Tabby, they are a bit expensive though.
£60 per month for broadband and unlimited ish’ landline calls to most numbers including mobiles.

Yikes - that’s a bit steep, Foxy! I am currently paying per quarter.

Unlimited Broadband (and line rental) = £75
Evening (19:00pm to 07:am) and w/end = calls free for one hour
Voicemail = £7:50.

I think they saw me coming Tabby…
I used to pay 200 quid per year for line rental and £30 per month for broadband and evening and weekend calls to other landlines…But they stopped doing line rental for the year and added it on to my bill each month. They offered me a new contract for my landline and it was for 700 free minutes to mobiles and most other numbers any time. So I get over 11 hours each month, not even Mrs Fox can use that much…

2 Likes

At the moment I am with BT for fibre broadband and landline phone. I have been with them for years.
£55 a month. But I don’t use the landline and now only get scam calls. ( I did use it to call BT recently, 40 minutes hold).
My contract ends in March. So to save money I am thinking of going with ‘3’ that is my mobile contract for their ‘wireless’ broadband.
From what I understand is is a service that uses the same system as the phone.
I need to do more research into it to see if it will work for me. P.S. I don’t play games anymore and only use my iPad and occasionally use a laptop.

I’m with TalkTalk. Unlimited broadband and anytime phone calls for £27 a month.

If any Company is failing to provide an adequate service you are entitled to end the contract

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/consumer-rights/

Remember, your broadband service must be of satisfactory quality, as described, and fit for purpose. This means that if your broadband speed is much slower than it should be, you may be able to claim compensation or cancel the contract without penalty.

You may have to copy and paste the above link.

That’s ridiculously high . As others have said Talk Talk is good .I had no problems when my speed dropped .They sent in Outreach and had it up and running within an hour

Monthly fee £23 + reduced price for free 24/7 land and mobile calls so roughly £30 a month.

1 Like

Ditched Sky when I noticed they started to slow down the speed. It was like a snail in the end. The monthly cost however was going up and up. They were v reasonable for years at £7.99 broadband only as part of a handover package for O2 customers when they ceased being a provider. But they wanted to sell an expensive landline bundle in return for a higher speed - rip off

Phone coop used to do a reasonably charged landline only, not sure if they still offer that or you may need to specifically request a all these companies try to sell a bundle. I’ve noticed all the others have moved to line rental and broadband to mobile and broadband packages. Virgin do a volt package with the broadband with virgin and mobile with O2 (as they have a partnership). A lot of consolidation and collaboration in the phone/broadband market recently.

In case anyone is interested this is a new Company in the South West . Supposedly the fastest and not copper based so ultra modern . They have just installed it in my block of flats ,though I’m not signing up as yet.

Have been with ZEN broadband for years.

Now chosen to move to them for my home phone which Is necessary it being linked to my care alarm provider system .

£43 per month for both .

Relying on Which for recommendations is no longer viable as many clients have iterated before. See the comments on Trust Pilot re Which.

Any product can be given a good rating especially when it costs the consumer to check it out.

Much better to do your own research on line and check out reviews on a specific product or service provider.