Internal door handles

At last some have arrived this afternoon and already awapped over on 4 internal doors. The ons that didn’t have locks were easy to do but the downstair cloakroom was a bit of a bugger . the handle spindle that goes thought the door no problems apart from wrong spindle size length. But oh my god the spindle for the lock was wrong size ,also a part that fits into the plate hole had a big burr on it. Luckily I don’t throw away anything that is useful so have spares.

next problem was the understairs cupboard would not stay shut ,so had to take out the striker plate cut out a bit of wood and bring the striker plate forward a little bit so now it catches and the door shuts and stays shut.
Just waiting for more handles to come so i can get on with all the other doors in total 13 to change around so then they all match

1 Like

today i tackled the man bathroom door and what a bastard that was… First of all the main mech that fits inside the door had been messed about so much there were plastic rawlplug holding the retaining screws in. Having removed the old handle and lock the above insert didn’t line up properly so had to cut out a fair bit of wood so the handle shaft was clear and not obstructed. Then the shaft on the lock part was too long so out with the angle grinder and cut off at least half an inch ,even then had to grind down a fair bit more. taken me about 3 hrs to put right

Now on to doing he same with the onsuite door and that is the last of the pain in the arse ones, al the others are straight forward

1 Like

so far changed out all these

definately started to smarten up the entrance hall with polished silver handles instead of dirty worn brass ones

2 Likes

rest of the handles arrived today 9/5/23 so yet another job on the to do list

1 Like

I noticed the boxing-in of something over your exit door. Is your house of steel frame construction by any chance?

No it is not steel frame that is where the RSJ would be as anywhere needs support above a window or door then gets boxed in to hide
Just fitted the remaining handles and how ,much better the place looks with more conformaty on all the internal doors