Interestings Things About.........Siberia

Just happened on this little nougat of interest on youtube…

1 Like

How interesting thank you
I’ve often wondered about these viruses but didnt think about this scenario

When ancient tombs are opened I notice they stay away for a number of hours to allow the air to clear after 3 or 4 thousand years I guess they could be releasing germs and viruses from all that time ago

That was one huge virus wasnt it .

1 Like

I found this interesting too.
There has been quite a few newsreels and articles about this phenomenon of gaseous eruptions forming craters in Siberia in the last couple of years, as more newly formed craters have been discovered.

I have found a link to an article in The National Geographic which I read when it was first published in 2020. I thought it gave a straightforward but detailed explanation of how these pockets of gas form and become pressurised beneath the frozen ground before exploding.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/colossal-crater-found-Siberia-what-made-it

1 Like

I think there are many things lurking in nature Susan.
I also think that most people (including me) don’t realise just how big this planet is.
It makes you think again about overpopulation. As global warming makes some areas uninhabitable, so other areas are becoming habitable. We just need to be more adaptable.

1 Like

Right feel free to go and live in Siberia take your thermal long johns .:slight_smile:

1 Like