Insurance for appliances

My mistake. The 128 must have been in '81 after I passed my test. the other two were '86 and around '88. :wink:

The 128 had been around for a while and passed between three of my mates before I got hold of it. :wink:

One Fiat was enough for me as it spent most of its 1st year back in with the dealer getting fixed. After that year I decided on Japanese and Iā€™ve not been disappointed since.

Home appliance additional warranties? Not worth spending the extra especially as for the 1st 2yrs they must be covered by the retailer as the product supplier and not just the 1st yr as widely put about. After that itā€™s simply down to luck and of course usage.

Itā€™s okay mate, I was ageing you on your first car date I think :cool:
I didnā€™t get my first car until 1988, but passed my test when I was 16.

17 for me. So long ago. :cry:

I was a big fan of taking out appliance cover for white goods in case they broke down. Especially the washing machine. As these items can be very expensive to fix. Now I have a different approach and save so much a month towards the cost of a possible breakdown or replacement.
The only insurance I will pay, is for my dog and home insurance. I donā€™t have to worry about a carā€¦

Not really mate. Just post on here to anybody except me and youā€™ll feel much better :lol:

Another ā€˜benefitā€™ of the EU, I suppose! :mrgreen:

Cameras ā€¦ theyā€™re such delicate things, out in all weathers.

I agree. Iā€™d never buy a Fart.

Really JBR?

I love my little Fiat and wouldnā€™t swap it for anything.

Obviously, itā€™s a personal choice. Perhaps youā€™ve just been luckyā€¦ so far! :lol:

Now donā€™t you go putting the ā€˜fluenceā€™ on it, young man! :smiley:

Oh, I wish I really did have the power of ā€˜fluenceā€™.
There are one or two things Iā€™d certainly like to fluence!

Just donā€™t let your washing machine hear you say itā€™s done well for 20 years, I did and it didnā€™t finish the cycle.

That does tend to happen.

I never take any extended policies out. I ring up my bank as they offer a free two years extra guarantee on electrical goods over ?Ā£50.

That sounds good!

Which bank?

IIRC, my old bank, HSBC, offers a similar service as part of its Premier account but that requires you to put an income of Ā£75,000 per year through your account or invest Ā£50,000 in an HSBC financial product or have an HSBC mortgage.

Many of the benefits seemed designed for the travelling customer.

Thanks Omah.

Bargain! :mrgreen: