Insulate your heated home to save the planet and then ventilate to clear viruses!

Pardon? You, the planet savers want me to insulate and fill all the draft inducing holes in my home and then throw all the windows open to ventilate the place. Are you out of your tiny minds?!! Conserving heat only to feel it escape through open windows? Sod off you stupid lot! Take a step back and actually listen to yourselves, coz yo sure aint making sense to most of us who can think for ourselves :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Well said LD. Agree 100%. :+1:

(Watch your blood pressure) :shushing_face:

3 Likes

@LongDriver for prime minister

well said sir :clap:

2 Likes

Those that are protesting and gluing their hands to the road I say leave them there for three or four days out in the wet and dark no food or water and no where to pee except on themselves. Then let us see how keen they are to disrupt traffic

5 Likes

if they want our support they are going about it all wrong disrupting ordinary peoples lives

4 Likes

We could always use them to stuff into the drafty holes around homes :point_right::+1:

3 Likes

That is even more stupid than when I had my house insulated, lofts and walls. The lofts were no problems but when it came to the walls I had to agree to having a ventilation grille put in the cavity wall in the lounge. That was because I had an open fire with a chimney in there, it was not used ever and I never intended to use it. That was communicated to the company doing the insulation but that was not good enough. The only way they would continue with the insulation of the walls would be for me to seal the fireplace so it could not be used. That was soon done, a pile of bricks and some mortar and I bricked up the open fireplace! How completely ridiculous though, having insulation put in and then having to leave the means for a draught blowing into the lounge where I sit and spend most of my time!

The world really is going TOTALLY MAD I reckon!
:thinking: :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Gone!

4 Likes

@LongDriver , What made me laugh was the bloke who got out of his car at an insulate road block and played the bag pipes to the
poor sods glued to road??
And then along came a womannwho squirted ink onto their
faces!! Ho! Ho! Ho!!
We don’t ctually need to lock these morons up, just glue them
together till we can deal with them !!
Donkeyman! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

Modern flats now have constant-flow extractor fans installed, which run at a low speed 24/7 and boost to a higher speed when an override switch is turned on. This means that heat is constantly being sucked out of the building.

1 Like

I have retrofitted similar, but via a heat exchanger.

Or tie-wrap them to railings.

Some of the arse-wipes in court are complaining that the court injunctions levelled against them are tantamount to bullying. No sense of irony there considering that their actions are bullying road users in preventing them from going about their business.

1 Like

The best type, but landlord controlled flats won’t have that type fitted due to the expense - they pay lip-service to the ventilation regulations.

1 Like

In America if you glue yourself to a roadway, people will assume you’re a speed bump! :dizzy_face:

7 Likes

I don’t know what this refers to, but,

we open all our windows 365 to embrace the outside world, breathe some air before going for a run. … Nothing to do with viruses just healthy living.

1 Like

You could get yourself a tent then…it would be cheaper! :joy:

2 Likes

If two of you lived in a tent, would that amout to being " too intense" to cope with

2 Likes

That was funny! :joy:

That nice Mr Rudd paid for my roof to be insulated and I also open my doors and windows to get a good cross breeze on warm days or wait until after sunset to throw all the doors and windows open on hot days.

No trouble with ventilation here, perhaps you need to move to somewhere with a healthy climate? :wink:

1 Like

What’s wrong with doing both insulate and ventilate :roll_eyes: