Insulate Britain Fails

While your second assertion is quite correct, I have to protest about the first. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t suppose you will see this then. :019:

I think you might have misinterpreted what they said? They’re not no more, they said they’re going to do more more

They only said it hadn’t worked so far, not that they’re giving up, they’re going to try harder!

“We will continue our campaign of civil resistance because we only have the next two to three years to sort it out and prevent us completely failing our children and hitting climate tipping points we cannot control.

Now we must accept that we have lost another year, so our next campaign of civil resistance against the betrayal of this country must be even more ambitious. More of us must take a stand. More of you need to join us. We don’t get to be bystanders. We either act against evil or we participate in it.

We haven’t gone away. We’re just getting started.””

It seems someone has been guilty of premature celebration. Oh dear. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

To be fair, I think that’s the way Guido Fawkes presented it too. It’s only if you go on to read their actual statement you realise that’s not what they said

I did have a naughty laugh when I shouldn’t have when they glued themselves to the tube train at Canning Town and the commuters pulled them off and they had to be rescued by the police

They really don’t understand Londoners at all, do they?

THEY WERE HOLDING UP THE TUBE!

That’s nearly as bad as standing on the wrong side of the escalator. What did they expect? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a good job you mentioned that before someone went and posted a thread and made a fool of himself. :003:

They should double the kV rating.

So they should, though it isn’t even 1kV yet, only a little over 600V (DC)

I think it would be quite amusing if the idiots were to climb on top of trains using overhead powerlines.

Oh dear, here we go again

3 Likes

@Mags … I thought the exact same thing.

2 Likes

@Morticia … I thought the exact same thing.

Er, what was it?

1 Like

That’s three great minds then thinking alike. Mags, me and thee.
Fancy that.

Probably 4 minds … I missed Harbal.

I’m not sure what I think, to be honest. I was just agreeing to be nice.

@JBR … well then it worked because I think you’re tremendously nice.

Yes, well of course you are quite correct. I am a very nice person.
And modest with it.

I’m not sure he has one.

1 Like

If anything I think you’re far too self effacing.

But I digress and am straying off topic, which is naughty.

No, don’t overlook my mind; count me in. :slightly_smiling_face:

It seems that I have got another of those silly badges, this one called ‘first mention’, whatever that means.

I wonder whether we can be awarded badges for saying that they are a rather childish idea, though I seem to remember collecting some sort of badges when I was in the Cubs as a little boy.

Nowt wrong with straying off-topic. BTW, what’s happened to the Flirting thread?