Inguinal Hernia Repair Repair Repeatedly Delayed

Well, although the surgery was successful and I have been pain-free, sensitivity, soreness and discomfort in the groin area (no laughing, please … :018:) have persisted so I’ve been to see my GP.

I had an interview then an examination. All my body functions (stop laughing at the back … :!:slight_smile: are normal and the wound is healing slowly, but normally - it’s taking longer than I thought just because I’m “aging” … :frowning:

Frankly, that’s no consolation when I’m shuffling along the pavement when I should be striding but I’ll have to put up with it for another month or so … :102:

Omah, Would exposing you stomach area outside, during this nice weather, help with the healing process?
I know it sounds daft but l imagine that the area is covered with your clothing but having the warm fresh air on it, might help?

Is that what you’re doing with your wound - exposing it to the healing rays of the sun … :shock:

If you are then I will … :lol:

But, it should be noted, my wound is in the groin area and exposure will necessitate the dropping of the drawers to a position whereby neighbours, overlookers or passers-by might be offended … :107:

Surely, there is somewhere private? I thought it was good idea! You could tell the overlookers or passer-bys that it’s for medical reasons. I’m sure they would understand! :lol:

My wound is almost better. I am more miffed that my procedures that have left me slightly mutilated, were unnecessary and that the mammogram in this modern age, should have been more accurate.

I have young families as my immediate neighbours - I don’t think the parents would like their very young children to catch sight of an old man’s “meat and two veg” … :037:

I’m glad hear that you’re healing but sad to hear that you feel “mutilated” - you might feel happier to know that mine’s bigger than yours - it’s a good 6 inches … :022:

It’s now 8 weeks after the operation and I’m (just about) fully recovered and finding myself doing physical things (like climbing the stairs) without first considering the implications … :slight_smile:

Whether I’ll see any actual “improvement” over the coming months remains to be seen … :069:

Sadly, my recovery was short-lived and, after 12 weeks, some discomfort returned and then painful bloating eventually persuaded me to see a GP about 6 weeks ago.

The (temporary) GP agreed that I needed an appointment with my consultant and said he would arrange it.

Apparently, he didn’t, because, after 4 weeks, I contacted the surgery and the secretary was surprised that I hadn’t heard from the hospital, so she said that she would refer my query to a practice partner.

A day later, she contacted me to say that the partner had chased my query and that I should hear from the hospital shortly.

A week later, I heard from the hospital and I have now arranged an appointment with the consultant for 7th November.

If I have to have further surgery (a repair to repair the repair that repaired the repair) and I experience the same delays as before then I may consider going “private”.

Forum squabbles aside, sincere good luck to you with this, Omah. I didn’t even know this thread existed but I do know something about what you’re going through.

Don’t be so two-faced with me, “mate” … I’m not one of your fawning “Floydettes” … :019:

You think you can be appallingly rude, even downright nasty, to the nicest people and then “apologise” - that doesn’t work with Artangel and it doesn’t work with me … :roll:

That is dreadful treatment, Omah!
I agree, if going private sorts it out quicker, then so be it.
Good luck.

Lol! Sod yer then! :009:

A real trial for you Omah and I wish you well with getting the repair repaired.

I’ve got a hernia to the side of the belly button. It’s right at the end of an operation scar that dates back 33 years. The bulge isn’t painful but I examine it every time I do something strenuous on the stomach muscles, just to make sure hasn’t got any bigger.

I keep thinking I ought to get it sorted out but reading this thread, perhaps it might be best to leave it well alone seeing as how it doesn’t hurt.

Yikes, this is terrible to read that you are still experiencing such painful symptoms, Omah. This sounds like very unsatisfactory treatment. How are you getting along in the meantime? I really hope you get on the surgical calendar in short order!

Thanks for the comments.

I am in no real pain but have uncomfortable sensations “down below” … once my (proper) GP took charge then things happened faster but, as I know from experience, surgical procedures can be delayed by a number of factors, one of which will be the usual winter shortage of beds … :102:

I do hope this is sorted out for you soon, Omah.

Thanks … me too … :smiley:

I was sorry to hear this too, Omah. Especially when you went through the operation and recovery and the operation being cancelled a few times.

Thanks … it’s been a long year … :lol:

Hope you get sorted soon Omar. Seems so unfair that it’s gone on for so long :frowning:

Thanks … :slight_smile:

As long as I don’t have to experience the cancellations again … :wink: