Indian official drains thousands of litres of water from dam to find lost phone

An Indian government official has been suspended after ordering an entire reservoir to be drained to recover a mobile phone he had dropped.
Mr Vishwas was taking a selfie when his smartphone fell into the water.
He called local divers to try to retrieve it.
When they failed, he arranged for two powerful pumps to be run for three days to empty out 2 million litres of water, enough to irrigate 600 hectares of farmland.
He only stopped when an official from the irrigation and water resource department visited the site after a complaint.
One would think he will lose his position after this debacle

1 Like

:astonished: Sounds insane. What was he thinking?!

In a country where water is a scarce commodity, thatā€™s crazy. Heā€™s still defending his actions.

1 Like

The guy has a misplaced sense of entitlement. What phone is going to work after being underwater for two days?

2 Likes

. . . and no common sense. :nerd_face:

Maybe he has something super incriminating on it. Otherwise it makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

He said the phone had official data stored on it.

1 Like

What good would official data do without the phone working? There must be another source for that data. That data couldnā€™t be important enough to merit such a crazy action. I canā€™t imagine anyone risking that much trouble for government data for their job.

Sounds like a cover to me.

1 Like

Sure does. He is petrified someone will get hold of it and the contents will see him imprisoned.
I will keep updating this post. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It is reassuring,in a way,that all countries seem to have the same sort of people in charge.

3 Likes

Bwuh? :dizzy_face:

In the same way itā€™s comforting to know that when a bear eats you, youā€™re not the only one that has been eaten by a bear? :thinking:

1 Like

Full of his own self importance ā€¦maybe ?

1 Like

Most definitely. I hope he is severely dealt with.

Apparently the phone didnā€™t work after heā€™d retrieved itā€¦

Definitely something on it he didnā€™t want seen, Iā€™d say

1 Like

Better still ā€¦ leave him at the bottom before refilling, but with concrete boots on to keep him therešŸ¤¬

1 Like

Bestiality?? They do regard cattle as sacred, so he wouldnā€™t wish to be caughtšŸ˜‰

2 Likes

Could be, but my money is is on a few lucrative fiddles

2 Likes

So are you implying he was a busker? LOL!!

2 Likes

Certainly what is required by this neā€™er do well.

1 Like

He should have taken the back off it and left it in the airing cupboard for a week or so buried in a bowl of riceā€¦ uncooked I hasten to add!

1 Like

Interestingly, I read that China now controls the head waters of major rivers in South East Asia. Doctor Liam Fox has just launched a book on this and how wars may be fought over water.