In praise of Screwfix

I just unblocked my bathroom wash basin using this brilliant plunger from Screwfix.

Can highly recommend. :clap:

1 Like

I bought one of these and I found it was much easier to clear the drain in my shower tray with this.

Thanks for reminding me - I have been meaning to say Thank you to LongDriver for telling us about this gadget on this thread :

Ah yes - I knew it had been mentioned on a forum but I couldn’t remember which.

Thanks from me Longdriver.

How does a wash basin get blocked? Just askin’

I was going to ask what was blocking it.?

only soapy water goes down my bathroom sink .

Screwfix have just opened a new store about a mile away from me - in the old John Lewis place I think. Will have to take a wander up there and have a look. They have an excellent reputation.

This is the only thing I can think of: The washbasin pipe joins up with the shower pipe under the floorboards. They are then both connected to the downpipe.

I expect over the years a lot of gunge has lined the downpipe. It eventually caused a blockage which showed up in my washbasin. The shower water was also a bit slow at going down. My plunging the washbasin sucked it up.

What came out of the washbasin overflow was all black gunge so it had obviously come up & not been put down.

Like I said - it is only a theory.

What do I know? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Gosh thats a big building tabs …I wondered who would take that. I’m often in Rodgers next door…love their little cafe.

1 Like

Had one of those for ages think I mentioned a long time ago on the previous forum

So do I - we could meet up for coffee!

1 Like