In a&e new years eve

I’ve been unwell in an atrial fibrillation episode for past 4 days and it was getting worrying how I felt so rang 111. They told me to go to a & e to be on the safe side.

So here o am on New Year’s Eve feeling very sorry for myself, feel very frightened and I want to cry. Husband coukdnt come in with me coz of covid but I guess I’m in the right place right now.

Wish me well or say a prayer, I need to be well, too many people need me, especially daddy.

10 Likes

Dear lord @LionQueen what more can this year throw at you.
Definitely with the symptoms you are showing A&E is definitely the best place to be.
Not being able to have anyone with you is obviously adding to your anxiety, but you are not alone as you have access to the forum. There are a lot of us here willing to spent time with you if you feel you need a chat.
What you don’t want to do is worry to much about the people you say rely on you. You need to concentrate on yourself and getting better
Try and be reassured that you are in good hands.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and that the new year brings you better things.

Ashley

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this, LQ.
I’m sure you’re going to be alright, but you did the right thing to go into A&E, and I hope you don’t end up having to wait for too long like I did (8 hours!) in October.
Please let us know how you get on and, hopefully, that it turns out to be something not too serious.

1 Like

@LionQueen Its going to be fine, you are in the right place, and you are not alone. Big hugs to you :hugs: Just breathe and think good thoughts…you will be out in no time xx

1 Like

Oh Queenie - how sad for you - but, as others have said, you are in the right place. I bet you and John will be happier than most to see the back of this year! Have a huge hug!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Queenie))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

1 Like

Oh dear Bev, it never rains but it pours :worried:

You are in the right place, hopefully they will be able to sort the problem and send you home soon.

A huge (((hug))) to you, you are in my thoughts. xx

1 Like

Blimey, I’m saddened to hear that you’re not well and in hospital, away from your family … :worried:

I’m sure you’ll be back home soon and I wish you well for the New Year … :+1:

1 Like

Good Lord you will be alright my friend we are with you in Spirit. Karen

1 Like

Oh, how scary for you. You don’t know me but I am sending you positive thoughts and love. Take care xxx

1 Like

LQ, you did the right thing to get yourself checked quickly. Worrying can only make things worse. Now, let the professionals decide the best way for you to be on the mend. I do hope you rest easier so you can soon give us here on the forum a good news report. Hugs to you.

3 Likes

So sorry Bev I know you have a lot on right now maybe thats whats brought it on… sending positive thoughts and love your way hope they get you sorted soon… ring me if you need me I know Im hopeless at answering my phone but I’ll keep it by my side all evening xx

3 Likes

LQ I do feel for you, I really do. I have spent far too many hours in Hospitals of late and will have to continue to do so for quite some time.
… I hope the staff around you are as nice as ours are generally.
That does really make a lot of difference to your Moral.
Your better half will miss you likewise your new puppy but imagine how good it will feel to get some of this under control and then your’ll be back where you belong…

2 Likes

Good luck LQ, Do hope you aren’t waiting long & all is OK.
I was also all alone in A&E a few months ago, as no one was allowed to go with me in the ambulance. So I do know how you feel & I didn’t have any contact on me either, no phone, never took anything with me. I was there altogether for about 8 hours, 5 of those waiting in the ambulance. Got sent home, after lots of tests & Daughter fetched me around 8 a.m., then back a few hours later to get a diagnosis, I was fine, do hope you are as well.

1 Like

Oh LQ you’ve been through so much this year. I hope you don’t have to long to wait to get sorted. May the New Year bring you and Mr LQ and your Dad health and happiness.

1 Like

I’m sorry for you LQ. I’m sure you are the best place. Your heath is the most important.

1 Like

Hope all goes well for you Bev. Hugs.

I’m home

I got seen to quickly thankfully and they were brilliant.

I had ecg which showed an irregular heartbeat with ectopic beats, extra beats.

I cant remember if I told you but 3 months ago the cardiologist wanted me to wear a 48 hr heart monitor and I kept ringing docs for results but they hadn’t come back!! I had a face to face appointment yesterday and my doctor was horrified, the cardiologist had looked at my results but they hadn’t been actioned or sent through to my doctor. She was concerned yesterday and told me she would chase this up. I had a phonecall today to say the cardiologist dealing with it was back in work next week and I eould get a call then.

Tonight at a&e they have upped my bisoprolol from 7.5 to 10mg which is a high dose and tomorrow I am to get a phonecall with an fast tracked appointment with the cardio. So I’m glad I went up now, at least I.m being listened to.

You know, I realise mistakes can be made but they need to not make mistakes when someone’s life could be in danger. 3 months wait for results because someone neglected their job, I could have and should have been sorted weeks ago.

So there is my update, thank you all for your support, I knew I could rely on you to make me feel better.

Summer, keep your phone on tomorrow, don’t leave it upstairs ya buggeroo lol.

Mwah and happy new year virtual hugs all.

Xxxxxx

8 Likes

My goodness, Queenie, I have only just read your posts.
That must have been very scary. thank goodness you went and got proper help and they dealt with you quickly and efficiently.

That is really bad them not letting your GP know your previous results, although I am surprised your GP didn’t chase it up before now, too.

Anyway, your have been seen now, and you will be tucked up in your own bed again tonight, so be thankful for that, and try to relax a little now.
I really hope everything works out well soon. x x

1 Like

So pleased to read you are home again, and hopefully you will get sorted out now.

LQ, I’m so glad you’re back home and that some action has at last been taken. However, the delays you have been subject to are disgusting and you are perfectly correct in that such delays should never happen when someone’s life is potentially in danger. Of course, I suspect and sincerely hope that you are not actually in danger; I believe that atrial fibrillation is very often not in itself dangerous (especially since I have the same condition!).
I’d like to wish you the best of luck with the eventual outcome and am sure that things will turn out to be a welcome relief for you.