I'm thinking about buying a Spanish Omelette Flipper Lid

… like these:

INOXIBAR Spanish Omelette Flipper Lid, 30cm Diameter Stainless steel

TESCOMA Omelette Flipper Pestro, Bianco 26cm Plastic

Does size matter?

Plastic or steel?

I wouldn’t bother if I were you. :rofl:

That’s one of those gadgets you manage perfectly well without until you find out they exist, and then you really, really want one!

How many omelettes do you eat, anyway?

2 Likes

They look like a waste of money to me. Just a fancy name for a big saucepan lid. Or couldn’t you just use a dinner plate?

2 Likes

I’ve just discovered Oats Omelettes so 3 a week:

Yes, I’m using a dinner plate at the moment but dinner plates slip from the hand (as I discovered recently … :scream_cat:)

1 Like

Just man up, run the spatula under it and tip it out! :rofl::scream:🧑‍🍳

2 Likes

Sometimes there’s just too much weight:

I raise the grill in my mini oven, set the dial to grill, and slide the frying pan in, so it cooks the top of the omelette. Works well for me.

1 Like

My grill is in the oven so too expensive to turn on and heat for a 2-minute “topping” … :slightly_frowning_face:

Buy yourself a cheap mini oven!

I think a “flipper” will be cheaper … and not take up worktop space … :grin:

If you must do it, (and I can see your heart’s set :rofl:) I would just buy a replacement pyrex glass lid that fits your frying pan

At least it dual purpose then and you can use the frying pan covered for simmering food

1 Like

A good idea … but, it’s curved and lipped … I might buy one as well, though … currently I use a spatter guard for the 28cm pan … :thinking:

1 Like

I have something similar to this - came from Italy - and it is brilliant!

1 Like

Just buy it, don’t even think about it!

With Putin threatening to nuke us, l am just spend, spend now! YOLO :laughing:

2 Likes

Nooooo, buy booze and chocolate instead!

Although perhaps it would work as a radiation shield if you held it in front of your face? :peace_symbol::rofl:

2 Likes

Ever thought of using the microwave? The memshab used to make egg foo young in a casserole dish in the micro. Needs to be stirred every so often and takes about 5 - 6 min but used to come out great.

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong… but I find I don’t need to flip my omelettes.
I just keep on breaking it up gently in the pan so that the runny “egg/splash of milk” mixture runs in to the cracks and cooks solidly just on the bottom.
The top, although cooked is more moist and that’s where I put my filling. I put it on half of the circle and then flip the other half of the omelette over with a spatula or fish slice.
The perfect mix of golden, crisp outside and soft, inside omelette.

My favourite filling by far is fried onion and tomato, a perfect Spanish omelette. Sometimes I’ll chuck a bit of grated cheddar on too for a touch of stringy cheese luxury :yum:

2 Likes

Omah…and?

I ordered the INOXIBAR on Wednesday - it arrived today - I will be trying it out tomorrow.

ETA I discovered, on unpacking, that the knob holder was broken. There were no “bits” in the box so it wasn’t broken in transit. Anyway, I repacked it, sent it back and re-ordered it (due Monday).

Oh No, that was a bit bad.
I hope to see your perfect omelette very soon!

1 Like