'I'm proud to be a real-life witch'

Tonks Brown lives on her own in a remote croft in the Scottish Highlands and says she is proud to be a real-life witch.

For her, Halloween is not about costumes, pumpkins and trick or treating.

“I think society has a pop culture idea of witches,” says 36-year-old Tonks.

“It is about so much more, it’s a big part of my life, it’s my religion and faith,” she says.

The 31 October is New Year for Pagans and Tonks says it is all about starting afresh and not taking baggage into the harsh winter months.

• Interesting :woman_mage:
1 Like

The wiccans rise again and that makes a change from all the usual dandelion & burdocks were asked to reason with :astonished::point_right::wink::+1:

1 Like

I like dandelion and burdock! :astonished:

1 Like

so was my mother-in-law

4 Likes

I like it…so I’ll go along with Tonks
:ok_hand:

2 Likes

Different Places have there own traditions around this time of year…hoot hoot…spook spook… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

According to Catalan tradition (again, this may not be uniquely Catalan), one can wash marks on the skin with holy water in order to know whether they are the Devil’s work: the Devil’s mark will not wash off. Witches were also said to have a heart-shaped mark on their left side; for a witch of great abilities, the heart-shaped mark would be hairy.
just one extract from

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it . I’ve known a few

There is nothing wrong with a bit of witchcraft. The only type I have an issue with is the Gardnarian Wiccans. Gerald Gardner gained most of his rituals from Aleister Crowley not his proclaimed grandmother, or who ever else it was. Crowley was well known for his meticulous dairy & paperwork keeping & I believe letters & receipts for payment exist to prove his involvement. And the writing style, word use is very typically Crowley.

I married the daughter of one.

1 Like

A mother in law and a witch?
Lethal combination :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes