I'm currently in hospital and what a mess it is

Point taken July & thanks. Fred.

1 Like

I’m really sorry you’re facing this. I’m praying you get the right treatment and good doctors and nurses to help you. I can imagine this is really tough for you. It’s not okay that you got the wrong medicine, and that must have been scary. That is totally unacceptable.

3 Likes

How many mistakes, in particular medicine dosages, are made with SO many oldies ( & I’m edging 80 myself ) are being made every single day? :confounded: AGAIN only moments ago ( even with a competent nurse ) a SERIOUS mistake was about to be made if not for MY challenging. So many oldies simply are totally unaware &/or incapable of doing what I find ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL ( long proven & confirmed by others )
Apathy, dismissive arrogance by SOME staff aside from very low empathy by some & exacerbated only sometimes by workloads & inadequate real support from above will continue to as statistics confirm mean too many more die in hospitals because of the abovementioned. In a supposedly civilised society surely we need do better??? :warning: :thinking:

1 Like

Name the hospital and be damned - I must admit not hearing many complaints in Western Australia ? - maybe its an eastern thing or even souther in Tasmania??

It sounds as though you need an advocate to navigate a system gone haywire. While I’ve had issues with doctors here (Canada) never anything like what you’re describing.

Do hope your care has settled and you are getting the care you need.

1 Like

Thanks “M” Hopefully? I may have just turned the corner. Only 2 medicine effups today but ESSENTIAL to watch them like a hawk. One was a minor issue now sorted? But tuther was potentially blxxdy serious so I refused it & my action strongly confirmed later as absolutely correct. :expressionless:. Hours today with delayed MRI for another unrelated problem found. Gettin’ old is not the greatest of fun. :shushing_face: And then you see others and are reminded that you are only one…:expressionless: