I'm currently in hospital and what a mess it is

Too many chiefs concerning themselves with diversity instead of doing their job…Headless chickens spring to mind…
:rooster:

1 Like

Maybe I’ve been lucky but my hospital hospitals have worked quite well.

I recall the diversity agenda is government policy which it has instructed all government and arms length bodies to implement. Goes back to the Equality Act 2010. My understanding is that under that act public bodies have a legal duty to have an equality, diversity and inclusion strategy that is implemented.

postcode lottery

1 Like

Sorry to hear you are in hospital and not satisfied with your treatment, Old Bloke. I hope things improve for you and you are better soon.

2 Likes

Possibly so. I did have one hospital that was most of the day. They actually managed to delay the treatment until about 11:30 instead of 9:00. By that time the traffic wardens got me for getting a ticket. Mind you that was one event over twenty years ago…:slight_smile:

1 Like

You know what Fred, its probably all our cast offs that are on strike for more money, but its been said since they have been on strike, that less patients are actually dying.

2 Likes

@OldBloke - I’m so sorry to hear you are in hospital - and shocked at the poor treatment you are receiving.

I am used to hearing criticism of our National Health Service in U.K. but I didn’t realise things were so bad in Australia.

I do hope things improve for you soon and that you are soon fit and well enough to go home.
Take Care. xx

2 Likes

better service in the remote country hospitals usually in oz - been in one a few times - couldn’t speak more highly??

When I read your post I just assumed this was the NHS. But very shocking that Australia has such poor healthcare these days. They have always been used as a model for other healthcare systems.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are unwell and having a bad experience in hospital.

I have been in hospital couple of times over last few years and my husband quite recently - we had no bad experiences.

I guess it varies.

1 Like

No guessing about it July, as reinforced once again within the last minute here by an upper level medical staff person directly in front of me.
It can be far more serious too when critical meds are constantly screwed up risking death.
If you are genuinely oblivious as you appear i recommend you research current medical statistics. I could add MUCH more but obviously not here.

No I am not oblivious.

Experiences vary.

That hasnt been my experience or the experience of people I know.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that
Get well soon please ?
Was envying you your wonderful NHS …
God bless you and save you
You are in my prayers

1 Like

Point taken July & thanks. Fred.

1 Like

I’m really sorry you’re facing this. I’m praying you get the right treatment and good doctors and nurses to help you. I can imagine this is really tough for you. It’s not okay that you got the wrong medicine, and that must have been scary. That is totally unacceptable.

3 Likes

How many mistakes, in particular medicine dosages, are made with SO many oldies ( & I’m edging 80 myself ) are being made every single day? :confounded: AGAIN only moments ago ( even with a competent nurse ) a SERIOUS mistake was about to be made if not for MY challenging. So many oldies simply are totally unaware &/or incapable of doing what I find ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL ( long proven & confirmed by others )
Apathy, dismissive arrogance by SOME staff aside from very low empathy by some & exacerbated only sometimes by workloads & inadequate real support from above will continue to as statistics confirm mean too many more die in hospitals because of the abovementioned. In a supposedly civilised society surely we need do better??? :warning: :thinking:

1 Like

Name the hospital and be damned - I must admit not hearing many complaints in Western Australia ? - maybe its an eastern thing or even souther in Tasmania??

It sounds as though you need an advocate to navigate a system gone haywire. While I’ve had issues with doctors here (Canada) never anything like what you’re describing.

Do hope your care has settled and you are getting the care you need.

1 Like

Thanks “M” Hopefully? I may have just turned the corner. Only 2 medicine effups today but ESSENTIAL to watch them like a hawk. One was a minor issue now sorted? But tuther was potentially blxxdy serious so I refused it & my action strongly confirmed later as absolutely correct. :expressionless:. Hours today with delayed MRI for another unrelated problem found. Gettin’ old is not the greatest of fun. :shushing_face: And then you see others and are reminded that you are only one…:expressionless: