I'm A Celebrity will swap jungle for ruined British castle - Update: Gwrych castle granted £2m for repairs

One rule for the dross - including government - and one rule for the rest of us!

Worth watching just to see Ant and/or Dec do a task for once. They won’t find it so funny. :-p

The ITV reality TV favourite returns on Sunday November 15 for the 2020 series, but a companion show will air this weekend

The famous faces who do take part this year will be battling out to be I’m A Celebrity’s first ever King or Queen of the Castle.

And we will finally find out their identities in a special show hosted by Ant and Dec on Sunday, November 8.

I’m A Celebrity: A Jungle Story will go out at 8.10pm on ITV.

:smiley:

Rumoured contestant AJ Pritchard tests positive for Covid

I’m A Celebrity 2020 has reportedly been thrown into chaos after rumoured contestant AJ Pritchard has tested positive for Covid.

According to The Sun, the former Strictly Come Dancing star is currently self isolating with his girlfriend, Abbie Quinnen, near the Welsh castle.

As with all TV production at the moment, strict guidelines must be followed in order for filming to go ahead.

So, who did he catch it off if he’s been isolating before the series … ?

[quote=“Omah, post: 1988751”]
Rumoured contestant AJ Pritchard tests positive for Covid

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/im-a-celebrity-aj-pritchard-tests-positive-covid-641643/

So, who did he catch it off if he’s been isolating before the series … ?[/QUOTE]

I’m sure you’ll find the answer in one of your gossip columns Omah! :lol:

The full cast of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! 2020 has finally been unveiled, with stars such as Sir Mo Farah, ‘COVID-positive’ AJ Pritchard and Beverley Callard teaming up for their first official portraits.

Cast: (L-R) Vernon Kay, Beverley Callard, Sir Mo Farah, Jessica Plummer, Shane Richie, Victoria Derbyshire, AJ Pritchard, Giovanna Fletcher, Hollie Arnold and Jordan North have been unveiled as the new cast of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here

Long-distance runner Mo, 37, who is the most successful British track athlete in modern Olympic Games history, is said to have been offered a whopping £300,000 fee.

I watched the Ant and Dec special they did well in the challenges…the one I really couldn’t do is the big spiders one with the perspect hat thing…that would really freak me out. I’m looking forward to it starting and Omah’s daily critiques:)

Thanks for the appreciation … :smiley:

I watched the special, too and throughly enjoyed it - Ant’n’Dec were in excellent form as they (all too briefly) reviewed 20 years of the series … :023:

I had never seen Series One so I was shocked to discover how bad-tempered the celebrities were - Rhona Cameron’s rant at everyone in camp was appalling … :103:

Obviously, the Jordan-Peter Andre “romance” in Series 3 was covered because, as the lads pointed out, the couple’s daily “goings-on” was the talk of the nation and made the series (and its successors) a “must-see”… :!:

Series 4’s clip of Paul Burrell screaming during his “Hell Holes” BTT is still hilarious and Ant’n’Dec revealed that it was the first time that they laughed, on camera, at a celebrity’s distress, which, of course, we were all doing … :lol:

Except when Fatima Whitbread had a cockroach stuck up her nose and multiple attempts by the rangers failed to dislodge it … :103:

Some of the dismal failures were included (Helen Flanagan, Gemma Collins, Gillian McKeith) as well as some of the suprise successes (Johnny Rotten, Steve Davies, Lady Colin Campbell, Georgia Toffolo, Caitlyn Jenner) but many others had to be left out. Nevertheless, there were some timely reminders of how the mighty were fallen and the unknown were raised up … :038:

I watched that as well, Summer, but couldn’t watch Ant & Dec’s eating challenges, can’t watch any of those anyway, they make me retch.:lol:

The ex-girlfriend of former Love Island star Megan Barton Hanson has been ‘lined up’ to replace AJ Pritchard should he be forced to pull out of I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

I don’t know one from the other … :102:

I thought their trials were hilarious - apart from the dunking at the beginning, they were genuinely awful - the spiders were HUGE and the tucker was the WORST … :078:

The spiders would have freaked me out too, but the snakes I’d have coped with.

I’m a Celebrity confirms change to Saturday episodes for 2020 series

ITV confirmed that Saturday nights will consist of weekly round-up episodes “showcasing the very best of the camp action from that week”, instead of all-new content.

But it won’t just be highlights, as these episodes will include some “unseen footage” as well.

I’m rapidly going off this series - first, “barrel-scrapings”, now a break in continuity which, IMO, will destroy the illusion of “reality” … :frowning:

In the “old days”, there used to be live coverage of the camp overnight to continue and enhance the viewing experience … :smiley:

The transmission of “highlights of the highlights” over the weekends will, probably, mean I’ll lose interest after the first week this year, unless one of the celebs is worth “following” … :frowning:

The series, which begins this Sunday, will be two days shorter than usual after bosses took into account the cold weather and tough conditions.

It means this year’s finalists will have spent 20 days in camp, rather than the usual 22.

Blimey … how many more episodes will be cut … :?:

Usually, at least a couple are cut because of kickball … :frowning:

I’m A Celebrity: Behind the scenes at Gwrych Castle - Video

Celebrities will be put to work this year in Abergele in north Wales with daily chores, including doing their own washing and collecting and splitting firewood.

The celebs will have to keep moving just to keep warm … :lol:

Are they in the castle? I mean is it a building with a roof and running water and stuff…its difficult to imagine …i wonder does it have ghosts :slight_smile:

AFAIK, the castle was derelict when the TV team arrived but “temporary” repairs have been made … and yes, there is a ghost … :103:

If you haven’t already, click on the BBC link in the post above to watch a quick tour … :smiley:

I’m A Celebrity 2020 celebs facing ‘gale force winds and torrential rain’ in first weekend

Welsh weather reporter Ruth Dodson appeared on This Morning to give a forecast on what

the stars can expect when they arrive in the old castle grounds, and let’s just say, it’s a far cry from the Australian jungle. Speaking to Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes, she smiled as she said: ‘I think the best way of putting it is a wet, warm, welcome awaits our celebs. ‘The weather, well what can I say? It’s going to be, frankly, miserable. See, I’m smiling when I say it just to hide the pain, really.’

How will the campmates get on in the horrific weather? The 10 celebrities will be making their debut on Sunday, and will be sleeping inside a freezing cold castle that is supposedly haunted. With weather potentially dropping sub-zero temperatures, the team has been kitted out with thermals as they face challenges outside, with a campfire keeping them going. In order to get any form of warm water, the team must use a pump to prime a system for half an hour, twice a day, and if they fail to keep it up they’ll have nothing.

Croeso i Gymru!

The celebs have taken part in their “entrances”, about which I will say nothing except that it involves trips to Anglesey and Snowdonia … :wink:

Reminder:
[CENTER]

[FONT=“Comic Sans MS”][SIZE=“3”]I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here!

Sunday 15th November 2020

ITV

9:00 pm - 10:35 pm[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/CENTER]

[SIZE=“4”][CENTER][FONT=“Book Antiqua”]Ye Privy[/FONT][/CENTER][/SIZE]