I'm A Celebrity will swap jungle for ruined British castle - Update: Gwrych castle granted £2m for repairs

Does this mean they will be living in freezing cold wet conditions as there is no roof ?

Apparently:

Stars set to face brutal Welsh weather conditions, warns Bear Grylls

“The bad weather in Wales will be brutal. You get persistent wind and rain and that makes people cold fast. Contestants should not underestimate it.”

Weather experts also predict 35mph winds will bellow through the ruined castle, and believe rain and snow is likely to make an appearance.

Having lived not far from that castle, I can vouch for the predicted foul weather … :107:

Gosh, a lot different from warm sunny Australia . I wonder if we will have the sexy shower scenes .

When does this programme start please

AFAIK, no date confirmed yet, but it usually starts in Mid-November … :slight_smile:

Slightly voyeuristic, seen trailers but never chosen to watch.

I wonder if the ‘celebs’ knew about the venue in advance, or whether they thought they would have a nice few weeks in the Ozzy sunshine when they signed, then learned afterwards about the change of venue? :smiley:

If they did they will be so disappointed.:lol::lol:

AFAIK, no “celebs” are officially signed yet … :slight_smile:

The venue was announced early August.

TX expected December

It’s a stunning location and a beautiful part of the country but the weather will be wicked and tough going

If that doesn’t have every red blooded Welsh person manning the borders and digging moats I don’t know what will!:smiley:

I’m A Celebrity 2020: BBC’s Victoria Derbyshire ‘revealed’ as fifth celeb to ‘sign up’

The 52-year-old is rumoured to be another famous face in the highly-anticipated line-up, following the likes of Vernon Kay, Jessica Plummer and Beverley Callard.

That’s bad news … I’ve only ever seen the promos for her “show” and they make dislike her intensely … :frowning:

Will they still be able to do it now Wales is officially ‘closed’ to all in-comers?

Aha - maybe that is why Wales is closed!!:smiley:

From Gwrych Castle:

Following the announcement today from the First Minister, the overriding message is that filming CAN continue in Wales providing related activity cannot be undertaken from home, and there is full compliance with Welsh law.

That’s a thought.
And will they have to all wear masks?

Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrr … they’re going to be frozen.
The place is a bit of a ruin isn’t it?

That’s what I thought too, Morti.

As fans continue to speculate over who will be appearing on the programme this year, it’s thought the first eight stars for the show have been all-but-confirmed after a number of famous faces were seen appearing to arrive for a photoshoot ahead of the programme’s start-date next month.

Stars who can be seen arriving include operatic tenor Russell Watson, TV veteran Vernon Kay, BBC favourite Victoria Derbyshire, Coronation Street legend Beverley Callard. Other names who reportedly complete the line-up include EastEnders star Jessica Plummer and former Strictly professional, AJ Pritchard.

The remaining names reportedly making up the eight stars so far include Paralympian Hollie Arnold, actress, singer and dancer Ruthie Henshall.

But it’s still yet to be confirmed whether the names will be on the billing this year.

Other names rumoured to be part of the line-up include former footballer Vinnie Jones, This Morning’s Eamonn Holmes and Selling Sunset star, Christine Quinn.

“This year’s collection of celebrity contestants are shaping up to be nothing if not eclectic, with the latest signings,” a source told The Sun.

“eclectic” … :?:

More like barrel-scrapings … :lol:

Z listers. So no change there then.

OLYMPIC hero Sir Mo Farah has signed up for this year’s I’m A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here!

Mo will join campmates at new venue Gwrych Castle, North Wales, next month.

EastEnders icon Shane Richie joins I’m A Celebrity line-up as 10 stars confirmed for the show.

The Sun last week unmasked West End actress, singer and dancer Ruthie Henshall, 53, operatic tenor Russell Watson, 53, and Paralympian Hollie Arnold, 26, as contestants. They join BBC news host Victoria Derbyshire, 52, former Strictly Come Dancing pro AJ Pritchard, 25, ex-Family Fortunes host Vernon Kay, 46, Coronation Street legend Beverley Callard, 63, and EastEnders actress Jessica Plummer, 28.

I’ll watch it for Mo … :wink:

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will go ahead despite the coronavirus - with the official start date confirmed today as 9pm on Sunday November 15.