I'll make you some eggs?

the eggs are burnt on the bottom, leathery.

2 Likes

A plate of pure heaven!!

2 Likes

heaven on a plate

1 Like

It’s brown sauce, which is nothing like steak sauce.

As for eggs, I like them poached, or fried, or scrambled, or soft-boiled (with the obligatory eggy-soldiers), or hard-boiled, or devilled, or curried, or made by a chap called Benedict, or pickled. In other words, I like eggs.

Very silly and wasteful!
My Nan would have had the screaming abdabs,
Gawd bless YouTube :wink:

2 Likes

I’m thinking about 2 portions of this for what we in the north call “tea” … :thinking:

4 Likes

A good idea, but I agree, what a waste of food, and why only one egg? Why not just put two eggs between two slices of bread, crimp/squash the edges to seal them, and bung it in a thick wall toaster?

1 Like

I’m sure there are variations on that idea.

The guy made another vid where he used a little circle of ketchup and put the yoke inside that. The leftover bread crust went in the frying pan, the egg white poured in the middle.

It’s just a bit of fun, kitchen play.

2 Likes

If you put the bacon and egg on the waffles, how do you get the maple syrup on the waffles? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Apparently, like so:

Not to my taste - I prefer savoury to sweet … :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Maple syrup on eggs? Not something I see often, unless the maple syrup slid over on the plate to the egg side. :melting_face:

1 Like

Why Maple Syrup and Eggs Belong Together

Seemingly, a common combination … :pancakes:

4 Likes

Yes, all very well but unwittingly you seem to have moved on to very crispy bacon, not that I’m easily influenced of course :wink:

2 Likes

Tescos finest dry cured streaky.

There is no reason why you cannot have any type of food with any other type. If you like it, eat it. Famous examples of this are choc-ice and chips, and Australian Hashmagandy stew.

There is no reason why an egg or three cannot be added to these, or any other dish.

1 Like

Being of Irish heritage I love a cuppy egg.

2 Likes

Sometimes when I cook, the recipe calls for an egg wash from just the yoke(s), but that I then end up with the white(s) as a leftover. I put it in a cup and microwave it for a few seconds, then eat it.
Waste not, want not and all that.

1 Like

Have you tried milk? Works OK on supermarket puff pastry.

2 Likes

Yes, and I sometimes use gram (chickpea) flour and water, but neither will leave me with egg whites for a tasty treat afterwards :wink:

2 Likes

Stop with the food pics, it’s making my tummy rumble & it’s bed time & if I eat now, I’ll get galloping indigestion.

1 Like