I'll be the son of a gun

Waste not, want not. For sure.

We had our house built for us and since the building wrap was put on backwards and my husband added a deck without flashing we have leaks throughout our back wall which rotted it. Between the two of us we had to almost replace the entire thing including windows, doors, sills, framing, joists, part floor and subfloor. It was a huge job. We definitely had to learn as we worked. Luckily we had tools to hold up the second floor while we worked on it so I can relate in some ways.

Isn’t retirement awesome. I’ve been retired for a while now but my husband just retired and like yourself, is making all kinds of things. As a retirement gift to himself he bought his second bandsaw which is definitely an upgrade to the first one I bought him over 30 years ago. I really get a kick out of watching him enjoy himself in his workshop. It’s like his second home. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Sorry for rambling . :grimacing:

1 Like

Smashing job Fruity. :wink:

God bless your intuition and capable hands. :smiley:

How talented and skilful you are.
When I first saw your finished cannon in a photo of your garden, I assumed it was a restored old metal cannon which had been mounted on a new wooden platform.
It was lovely to read through this thread and see all the stages you worked through to create your finished cannon - thank you for sharing this.
It was enjoyable and fascinating to see how you made it.

1 Like