If you were in a room with everyone you've met in this life, who would you be looking for?

that’s so sad. I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

She was a thief , a bit of a scumbag actually … and a very inept one who had a thing for stealing clothes from where she worked in a laundry, and then hawked them in pawn shops.
A cleptomaniac.

1 Like

Interesting Morticia thankyou . As you said I wonder what did happen to her.

I’ve hit a bit of a brick wall with her but ought to try to find out one day … I suppose there must be records of prisoner’s release dates at the National Archives.

1 Like

The one that got away

Skeletons are best left in the cupboard :icon_wink: :boxing_glove:

It would have to be one hell of a big room…Just try writing a list of all the people you have ever met… :crazy_face: Even the list would fill a small room…

I wouldn’t look for anyone, apparently you meet them all in the next life…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

My dad :pleading_face:

I left school in.1978 and there was a girl (A)who I really liked, was an early teens girlfriend ( about 20 times, as was the norm in the 1970s) who I walked to school with and.who I always tried to meet to walk home from school, and Ive not seen her in 45 years.
My home life was chaotic and A brought both love and stability in to my life.
She went off to college.
I stayed on in the.6th form them took an apprenticeship.
I never saw A again as I got a girl pregnant when I was 17 and that became my life.
I think of A a lot. I would love to meet her, have coffee, see how her life panned out ,etc
When I confided in another former classmate, who I knew kept contact with A, she practically laughed.
I told her I have never replicated the depth of feelings I had for A with any other women, despite being married twice having 5 children and currently being in a 15 year long relationship.
How sad am I?
I would really love to meet A again, just once, but I fear after our classmates reaction, that I might be kidding myself that is a worthy desire.
Thoughts?

3 Likes

John Denver first,for a chat & I’d get him to sing one of his songs.
Then David Attenborough & I’d say how much I liked his programs.
Lastly the lady I met on the internet, but we never got to meet in real life. I regret not meeting her, I think we would have been friends in real life & now it’s too late.

1 Like

Very good question!

First: my parents (who died when I was [too] young), as today, having a child myself, I can understand them better. I would love to talk about that with them.

Second: my ex-girlfriends, as I sometimes was an a**e and I would like to apologize.

Third: Arthur Schopenhauer, that guy must have been an interesting person, coming up with some so deeply true statements.

Best regards from Germany…

1 Like

I would love to get together with all my family but I can get together with most of them now.
I think my living siblings would probably be doing the same as me and looking for our two beloved brothers who are no longer with us -
one was killed when he was only 25, on military active service, nearly 48 years ago and the other died from a short terminal illness 5 years ago.
There was 8 of us and those two were our “middle brothers”, they were very close to each other and both had a special place in my heart and in the hearts of both my older and younger siblings - they are always in our thoughts and conversations whenever we have a family get together.
If they turned up, they would be the life and soul of the party - what a great time we would all have! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I have seen closeness, it seems to work that family folks can go a decade without conversing, then, when they do, for a short period, it’s like they’ve never been parted, how does that work?

1 Like

The topic here is people we have met in this life so, in my case, I haven’t known any famous people I have actually met. So who have I met in real life? Too many so pick a couple. My music teacher was one. Another chap I met in Malesia. We were working on a barge on the swamps on tin mining. The guy was on the rigging to check it. It was a very narrow beam about 25 metres up. He had no harness. He 70 years old. I was impressed.

1 Like

I might be interested in how many might be seeking me?

2 Likes

As long as it’s not because you owed them money Crabby…
:astonished:

1 Like

I might seek out a few to settle old scores and arguments!

2 Likes

or favours OGF, often favours cost more…

1 Like

A friend in need…is a pest Crabby…
:nerd_face:

It’s not sad at all! I would love to meet up with my first boyfriend from when I was about 15. I have been married over 40 years but still think of him.

First love is a powerful thing! Some years ago Jeremy Vine did a radio prog about it and the lines were jammed with people saying even 50 years later they think of their first love constantly.

1 Like