If you had a whole day where you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?

Me…sat at the cricket,hot steamy day,cider in hand.

2 Likes

All of my days are like that so I do just that. Anything I want.

5 Likes

A day with my dog in the Peak District…

2 Likes

It would have to be a fine summer day. Then I’d head to my favorite beach early after breakfast. I’d spend my day there reading and dipping in and out of the sea. I’d eat great food in a great restaurant on the way home. That is all I’d really love to do.

4 Likes

Go fishing, old school, perch bobbers and a flask of coffee, trotting on the Thames!

3 Likes

Same here! If I want to sit watching telly most of the day, with something to read, then I will do so!

3 Likes

double faff and multi potters

2 Likes

That’s my favourite way of spending the day too. :023:

Unfortunately I don’t do it so often as there’s not much beach here in London.

4 Likes

Not a day but an entire night.

I would love to experience the Aurora Borealis or the Aurora Australis in reality.

I’m still holding out for a white Christmas experience.

I wish my son would hurry up and get done studying as I’ve travel plans with that tuition allocation!

2 Likes

Don’t be such a misery Mr d00d…

5 Likes

I heard about a secret beach in London ages ago but thought it was a joke. I just looked it up as you mentioned going to the beach, and wondered if you had been here?
‘I visited London’s ‘secret beach’ that’s nowhere near the sea for the first time and it felt like a mini holiday’ - Alexandra Bullard - MyLondon

3 Likes

Stay in bed . Got you , I didn’t say who’s

1 Like

Same here. I don’t live close to a beach so don’t go often at all. I used to live within short driving distance but that was before the traffic got so bad it’s hardly worth trying to go

1 Like

That’s the joy of being retired. We live in Dorset, so many wonderful places to see plus Hampshire (where I was born and brought up), Devon and Somerset. Plus a bit further afield there’s gorgeous Cornwall.

3 Likes

wum …

:crazy_face:

That’s OK, but not a proper beach and no going in the water allowed. Ducks crap on the sand, and it’s generally not nice/clean, no tide to wash the sand daily.

2 Likes

I’m about 2 hours drive from any proper beach, the wrong side of town.

2 Likes

Watch the Olympics on the telly.

1 Like

The sad thing is it finishes this weekend. I wonder how many wives will be happy.

1 Like

I had an aunt who would spend all of her two weeks annual holiday from work sitting in the front of the TV watching Wimbledon. :grinning:

1 Like