If you could have an all-expenses paid trip to see any famous world monument, where would you go?

I would go to Yellowstone National Park. Undertake a month long sojourn

3 Likes

Anywhere I don’t have to fly so, the Blackpool Tower or the London Eye.

2 Likes

Machu Picchu in Peru. Just for the two of us though ,all the other thousands of tourists banned .

3 Likes

Can it be something other than a monument? And does it include the security you need? If so I would love to go to Egypt to see all the pyramids, as well as the Amazon rain forest :smiley:

3 Likes

Taj Mahal

1 Like

New York, and do the helicopter trip around the Statue of Liberty

:statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty::statue_of_liberty:

1 Like

@Bretrick I would choose The Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial and Education Centre in Boise Idaho USA and then complete my journey to USA with a visit to Old Faithful and its associated hot water lakes & springs as that has always intrigued me. At my advanced age I would need to be accompanied on that long journey, so I would choose my youngest grandson as he would be a great companion to have alongside me :+1:

2 Likes

The Kailasa Temple at the Elora Caves complex in India, and call in at Petra and Egypt on the way back (says he, greedily…) :grin:

2 Likes

I hear you. So many places are overrun with tourists.

Sure. Anywhere in the world really. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A tough one, there are so many places!
I think it would be back to Egypt although this time it would be north to Alexandria, I’m quite in the mood for somewhere coastal at the moment.

Bognor Regis WestCam - Live webcam view with sound of West Beach Bognor Regis

2 Likes

Already done Egypt - Done the great wall in China- Been up Mount Etna done Alacatraz- done Japan temples- Ayres rock in Australia would be nice to see.

1 Like

Sorely tempting but I think I’ll stick with Alexandria.
Anyway, remember what the king said about Bognor!

2 Likes

For me there are two places of great interest:
The Potala-palace in Lhasa, Tibet and the island Tristan da Cunha.

1 Like

Buggery under the pier? :+1:
Many years ago I used to in-line speed skate along that prom just around dawn. It was the tall speed skater Ard Schenk who inspired me to buy in-line skates as there is not an ice rink around this area. Ard was around 6’ 5" just an inch shorter than me and my kinda build, so it seemed an ideal exercise for me to adopt at the time.

3 Likes

Nope!
It’s still Egypt… I’m resolute.
Anyway I thin Rustington is nicer than Bognor :wink:

1 Like

That looks very nice :star_struck:

1 Like

as i said been there, beware of the locals they will rob you not even given half a chance. The will offer you a free headband or beads and when you accept they demand payment.

I took a three week trip to Egypt some years ago, Luxor and Cairo.

Used public transport in Cairo, the metro, service taxis as well as the regular (much haggling ) taxis.

Fascinating place but yes, as you say, you need your wits about you.

Much giving out of baksheesh!

we did the river trip on the River nile but did spend a day in Cairo to see the mummies and artifacts.
We did a return trip from Luxor to the Aswan Dam and back,also went to the valley of the kings as well as the big pointed things made of blocks, sorry can’t spell pyramids.

abu simbil

going through the locks trying to flog anything they can

2 Likes