If l Looked In Your Car Boot.... What Would l See?

Ted, Are these boots meant for walking? Nancy Sinatra style!!

Loads of stuff in my boot right now as I’m living in an hotel for a few weeks… spare clothes nail care box laundry bag a multipack of small bottles of water,bags for life…and loads of other boring but essential “STUFF”

1 Like

Not really, it is all out of sight and there are plenty of 4x4s around with much more expensive cargo.

1 Like

What a lawn!

1 Like

Hi Art,

We have a Picnic basket, the old fashion one from the 30s, no champagne, don’t like it, makes me sick, and of course you have to lay on something. lol

1 Like

@Artangel he’s a standard poodle though I did breed miniatures for years . Standards are a whole different bag of tricks lol

1 Like

My Dageus’s mother is a big black standard poodle. :poodle:

1 Like

A few years ago I went to France on a project. I went by car on four consecutive visits. The car was full of costly instruments and electrical tools. Customs decided that I couldn’t take them into their country and had to leave kit in their warehouse. Fortunately the customer allowed me to borrow theirs. It was an interesting project - the Orient Express.

1 Like

I keep a folded duvet cover on the boot floor & in the left corner I have a canvas shooting bag I picked up from a charity shop. In that, I keep a tub with spare bulbs, fuses etc. Some gloves. WD40. electric tyre pump. high viz vest & a few other bits.

1 Like

Box of bits my husband insists we may one day need includes tyre inflator and extra wiper blades and jump start cables.
Box of bits I think we may one day need includes extra dog leads, water bowl , blanket and bottles of water.poo bags and tennis balls.
Bag of bags for when we shop and roll of small bags for buying loose veggies and they no longer supply those in store.

1 Like

The most obvious things you’d notice in my car boot are 6 big cardboard boxes/cartons.

I’ve found shopping bags to be just one more useless unnecessary environmentally damaging item.

The cartons have one side cut out of them & items from the groceries trolley just get bundled/tumbled into whatever seems appropriate. e.g. Frozen goods go together in one box then once home that box/carton goes straight to the fridge/freezer.

The other thing I do with these free retrieved*(recycleable) cartons from our big hardware store is to cut a circular hole at each end near the upper lip for my fingers ( instant handles )

What was that old expression ? 'KISS principle" ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :innocent:

You would see about 8 big shopping bags all crammed into one. Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, etc.

You would also find a bag full of cagoules …. Just in case.

There’s a very nice lilac/purple tartan rug which has been in there since I last went to yoga classes about 5 years ago.

There’s a book called The Boy In The River which was in a big box I took to the charity shop then decided I would keep it.

That’s the dogs space, but there’s a ball, thrower, towel, and a box of gravy bones all along one side.

A ramp and a wheelchair in one, and a mobility hoist and a fire extinguisher in the other.

My vehicle is a shooting brake or station waggon/estate car, so no boot as per a regular saloon car, but in the rear of my pathfinder 4x4 is LD’s survival kit inc air compressor and temporary tubeless repair plugs. Oh yes and my jump starting kit of 6M long leads and a regularly checked & charged power system :point_down:

1 Like

4 Likes

The usual jack, spare wheel, and tools for the changing thereof…Plus, jump leads (more for me than the car :stuck_out_tongue:) An umbrella that has never been used…It usually rains while returning to the car, and if it’s raining before hand…I don’t go…
And last but not least…Two plastic boxes that fit comfortably into a Tesco trolley. No shopping bags here. Just fill em’ up in store using the hand scanners and take em’ out at tother end…
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

I carry jumper leads but I have a 120Ah aux battery in the back that can start the car if the starter battery dies. It is charged by the alternator or a 110watt solar panel on the roof, it’s an AGM deep cycle battery so starting the car won’t do it any favours but in an emergency…

1 Like

I would think that a failing vehicle while travelling in Australia’s outback would be almost certain death. If I lived there my boot would be similar to yours Bruce.

2 Likes

I have never had to use that battery for anything other than running the fridge and some LED lights. It will run the fridge indefinitely with only input from the solar panel on the car roof, no need to run the car engine.

However I also have a folding 160 watt portable panel if the car or camper is parked in the shade for an extended period.

2 Likes