If I Tell You Something, Please Promise You Won’t Laugh

I think you will laugh and maybe, be a bit disgusted…
This is going to be a bit difficult to admit but… l am watching, Love Island 2022 on ITV2.

Now this isn’t because l am into watching rude stuff but because there was a lot of publicity about footballer, now tv pundit, Michael Owen’s daughter Gemma who is appearing on it.
I intended just having a look and that was it… until a repulsive (to me) Italian Stallion, Davide entered the show. All the girls swooned and fancied him. He speaks with an exaggerated Italian accent and thinks he’s ‘it’ but l find him creepy and not at all fanciable.
He had to choose one of the girls and he chose Gemma Owen!
All the rest of the boys in there now think they are out of the picture since Davide has arrived.
Yes, l know it’s a load of trash but the banter is so funny. It was even funnier when Gemma mentioned Michael Owen, there was no reaction as the boys seemed not to have known who he was.

Yes, l am expecting to get a bashing here but it’s made me laugh and that’s good!

Dare l ask, if you’ve watched any of it?

1 Like

Never seen it, do you think I should give it a go?

I’ll have to do it when the old man and the kids aren’t here, or they’ll laugh at me watching trash tv :rofl:

1 Like

Never watched a single episode, Art. The odd advert that pops up shows me more than enough.
I’ve no time for these ‘plastic’ exhibitionist types anyway. I must be getting old! :grinning:

Good job we’re all different though, else no one would watch it.

1 Like

Maree, You are lovely!

I had no intention of watching it but l downloaded the first episode, watched it and In ruthio’s words, l was hooked!

The boys in it are really nice lads and very funny.
One of the girls, Tasha is absolutely stunningly, beautiful but is totally stone deaf. She has to wear a special hearing aid that she doesn’t even bother to hide. She called all the contestants together to announce her deafness which you wouldn’t know at all. I would love her to win.

Whether or not you would enjoy it, l don’t know but so far l have found it entertaining.

1 Like

I think I might have a peep!

1 Like

Mups, l totally understand. It would not usually have been my cup of tea.
I watched one series a few years ago and l liked it. I had no intention of watching it this time. l was just being nosey about Michael Owen’s daughter. She was no.1 with the bookies to win but since latching onto the slimy Italian, she has dropped to no.3.

It’s a harmless competition really.

Maree, Do you have ‘Catch up’ to get episode 1&2 as it’s probably going to go downhill now I’ve promoted it!!

1 Like

Yes, I do, I’ll watch the first one and see if I get into it🤣 Now you’ve started something!

1 Like

I have never watched Love Island but I did have a different guilty pleasure for a while.
I once happened to see an episode of a programme called “Married at First Sight” - it was the Australian series.
By the end of the first episode, I found myself wanting to know what happened next so I kept watching the whole series - I’m sure the arguments and upsets are all very manipulated and heavily edited but I was intrigued by it for a whole series.

1 Like

Boot, l never watched it but a friend came across it, watched it and they were hooked.

Fancy bringing Me into it!!
I’d rather chew wasps! :rofl::rofl:

If you watch it and it’s good, give a holler. The US doesn’t get the episodes until 2 weeks later, from what I’ve read. Hulu is still showing the 2021 season.

1 Like

Well, I watched some! It’s quite fun, I don’t think I could sit through a whole episode but it’s the sort of thing you could follow and have on in the background while you’re doing something else and just dive in on the interesting bits

Poor Liam, he’s my fave of the blokes, him and Dami, although TMI about Dami’s birthmark …
and Liam explaining football to Gemma!?:rofl:

Davide is a bit creepy and too old for Gemma

If you watch it later in the US, you’ll have to avoid spoilers because waiting to see what happens next is the good bit, it would be boring if you already knew?

It’s complete rubbish really and I think it would be horrible having your son or daughter on it, you’d want to charge in and slap some legs!

But I might watch some more … :rofl:

2 Likes

Maree, Thank You for being so brave and admitting it! :laughing:

1 Like

I cannot stand those type of programmes.
Totaly sends the wrong messages out to the youths of today.
Talk about being up themselves.

1 Like