I wish I liked soup

Spanish muck doesn’t sound like what I’m looking for, LD.

I don’t usually love things that I’ve made myself, Pixie. :frowning:

But why on earth do you feel so cheated or inferior just because you don’t like soup?
Just think of it as eating less food, see it as a kind of personal victory over consumerism … after all a surfeit of soup is not necessary … and through abstinence you will lose weight.

I understand one of the lowest calorie foods, but full of meaty goodness and nourishment, and secretly designed for soup haters but not dedicated vegans, is to suck or chew on an oxo cube.
Also perfect for a gummy snack in the absence of gnashers.

I probably don’t feel quite as cheated and inferior as you seem to think, Morticia.

I was unwell for three weeks and hardly ate anything. I need to put weight on, not lose even more.

I think the experience would be a bit too intense for me. :shock:

My gnashers aren’t absent, except for a few of the back ones, so I don’t need a gummy snack.

Heat a can of soup. Stuff slices of bread in until all soup has been absorbed. Voila! You have a non-liquid, soupy, bready mush that required no cooking.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: (i.e. you’re welcome to it :lol:)

That sounds like something you might feed to a hedgehog, sheba.

I take it you’re not keen on hedgehog food then? :lol:

No, but I’m very fond of hedgehogs.

I don’t mean to eat, btw. :018:

Harbal, do you like stews?

Yes stews are okay, Minxy, but why are you delving into my back catalogue? :grinning:

Anyway, back to stews. :001:

Actually, I’m the the Food section looking to revive my old threads but your threads just seemed more revivable than mine.

Instead of soup, just do a stew. An Instant Pot is a great kitchen appliance. You can cook a batch and freeze to use as needed.

:slight_smile:

What’s an instant pot?

https://www.instantpot.co.uk/

Look at the multi cooker. You won’t be sorry with this purchase

They even have a Star Wars one! I love it :slight_smile:

Do you like Big Soup? It has vegetables in it & any meat you chose. It’s a meal in a can & much nicer than the plain veg ones, I hate those.

I’ve got a slow cooker, which is just a ceramic pot that goes inside a metal container that has a heating element in it. It looks like the same kind of thing but not as sophisticated.

1 Like

I’m not really keen on any canned soup, Tiff. I’m a very fussy eater, you know.

1 Like

I’ll eat anything tasty Harbal to get out of actually having to cook properly.

1 Like

I’m not keen on soup, cept for leek and potato, so thick you have to eat it with a knife and fork. I like drinks you drink, and food you chew, soup, cept for leek and potato so thick etc etc, is neither one thing or the other.

So soup is the worst of both worlds, we could say, Maver-rik?

Same here and I love oxtail soup.

1 Like